Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have decided to turbo my TD42, i can do my self for a $600 inc exaust and BB turbo so why not. the only question i have is do i have to get the pump tuned to suit at 10psi as that is the most o want to run as the motor has clocked over 500000ks. i am going to be running a J pipe setup with a nissan VG30 BB turbo. i have every thing sussed out just need to know if the standard deisel pressure will be OK also i have rotary style deisel pump if that helps.

cheers
kyle

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you recommend getting injectors refurbed, probably shhoul really get them done there was no history of them ever being done.

·
"Toxic Personality"
8,962 Posts
you will notice a big difference. . . its worth it. mine was a bit lethargic after 3,000rpm untill i had my fuel system built by birrema diesel. . . now it rev's like a petrol.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
i would get it tuned, but you don't have to it will just run a bit lean. or just give it a bit more fuel and adjust the idle yourself.
but i would also f the j pipe off and buy a turbo manifold.
get yourself an egt gauge at the least

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
from what i have found, people seem to have some good results with the j pipe setup and there will deffinatly be EGT because i will be using a rb20 dump pipe i should be able adapt the EGT sender there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts