Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
NISSAN Patrol N-TEC 2016
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May be a silly question but, I had a 1999 GU1 4.2TD and now have a 2016 ZD30 CRD it may be me but after being used to the old girl I turn into places and with the new one I always seem to be too wide.

Does anybody know did they change the ratio and made the turning circle wider in the later ones ?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,841 Posts
May be a silly question but, I had a 1999 GU1 4.2TD and now have a 2016 ZD30 CRD it may be me but after being used to the old girl I turn into places and with the new one I always seem to be too wide.

Does anybody know did they change the ratio and made the turning circle wider in the later ones ?
My old 2000 GUII has alway6s had the turning circle of the Queen Mary, 11M comes to mind, could be even more, the turning circle on a Y62 is apparently 12.5

·
Registered
nissan
28 Posts
When I got my 2014 CRD the turning circle felt much wider than my 2000 TD42 GL

I checked underneath - there is absolutely no mechanical difference.

I adjusted the turn stops until the turn on of the knuckle l etc was exactly the same as my TD42 (which by the way is nearing 900 000 km)

Both my Patrols have the same turning circle by feel - I have not physically measured it

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
My shorty GQ used to have a good turn circle until I smashed a cv at full lock and found out I didnt have any steering stops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts