1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

I currently have a dual fuel GQ
It has LPQ under the arse and a petrol tank under the belly

My Lpg tank is out of date and never liked it anyway and am looking to run two fuel tanks, the one currently under the belly and one to replace the lpg in the normal position

How do i go about swapping between tanks once they are installed or am i better off to get one big long range tank for the arse

·
Registered
nissan
1,729 Posts
Just run the car off one tank, and put in a switched pump to pump across from the other tank when you need to. Only needs to pump ~1L per minute. You will have to come up with something like a return line or fill switch so it doesn't overfill.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
put relays in both fuel pump and gauge wires. do that for both tanks. then hook up a switch in the dash with duel position then wire the switch to run the relays so when u press the button it changes between tanks on the gauge in the dash aswell. thats the best way to do it.
another way is to
make sure the axiliry tank is a little bit highers then the main tank to the bottom, then put a balance line from the bottom of both tanks and join it (you can put a tap in there too) that way it shows up the total fuel on the gauge. or you can turn it off till u need it.

or as above. just have a switch to power the fuel pump and get it to pump into the main tank. you can also hook up a LED to the gauge wire so when the FUEL light would normaly operate it tells you all the fuel is pumped across. you can also hook a relay in there so that it turns its self off when all the fuel is pumped across

1 - 3 of 3 Posts