Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gday all
i put a post up a while ago about my brakes went to **** when i put 35s on it, so i upgraded to a twin piston set. they were great for a month &a bit & now there back to were they were before i put a new master cyilnder in new roaters, pads, bleed a thousand times with the upgrade, and just wondering if any one else has had this type of drama :rolleyes:

·
Registered
nissan
675 Posts
Mostly dramas like this happen because of the fact you "bleed a thousand times". Dime to dollars you pumped like crazy.
If only one thing I could say to help my fellow GQ owners would be to Gravity Bleed. Take the time to study the method AND perform it.

More than likely your problem exists from pumping, and the master cylinder rod moves to far in and takes dirt and grit with it, destroying the seal. Naturally, if this is suspected of happening, replace m/c seal first.

Here is one link, but please 'Google', and search here, and learn more.
Gravity bleeding brakes - Anybody use this method? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

One thing I would add, that may not be emphasized in what you research; make sure you firmly recap the brake fluid bottle and m/c cap after each top up, as break fluid is highly hygroscopic. Especially prone during these wet times. Ideally perform the task during dry periods???

One other point; make sure the b/f is Dot 3, bigger ain't always better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts