Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gday fellas ive got a 1999 gu patrol ute and i was thinking of putting twin 5 inch exhaust stack on it. what would u guys reconmend? i want it to be louder and wistle more :D

·
Registered
nissan
11,155 Posts
hmmm well twin 5 inch stacks is a little overkill in terms of size. but should flow well. and also remove any mufflers and if you want whistle put a better turbo on it with a good tune.

·
Registered
nissan
546 Posts
Dont forget the 5 poster and all the aerials, oh and get some of those clacker things that go on the tops to keep the rain out.
Might be a bit big mate, also what if people are getting in and out, are they going to burn themselves or are you going to move the tray back 300mm to clear the exhausts.
Im not sure bout the cops either, are stacks legal on anything but trucks?? I dont know.
Zappa

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
gday fellas ive got a 1999 gu patrol ute and i was thinking of putting twin 5 inch exhaust stack on it. what would u guys reconmend? i want it to be louder and wistle more :D
p!ss poor attempt at a troll.
too obvious. Only one post you see.

·
Grenade Master
GU4 05
2,613 Posts
Why don't you buy the real thing? :rolleyes: but than again why stop at 5" when you can push it to 7". All chromed up and bent side way or maybe "rain caps" on the ends chattering away at idle takes your fancy. Don't forget your chromed up Donaldsons and the air ram extension with West Coast mirrors to complement the looks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
GAY

that is all
wouldnt have em but i do like the sound on that link:p
Still looking for where he is asking for your sexual preference, or would you have stacks.
Not very helpful !!!! :rolleyes: Why leave a comment if you have no valid input ?

PTRL42 If you have straight through with no muffler, it WILL be louder and you'll get a nice whistle. Post a video when your finished.

Cheers...Macca

·
Registered
nissan patrol
570 Posts
I'd imagine the sound of 5" stacks would get abit much after about 10 minutes on the highway... it'd probably look pretty damn tough though.

Mufflers removed = defect notice for sure. If you put them on make sure everything is engineered otherwise you'll be a cop magnet.

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
not a bad attempt. but its obviously not me or truckster yom, marin, ray, or any of the usual suspects, we would be more professional. and we are used to the 'quiet' times we get here, and we normally just wait a few days -some noob asks if they can fit 33's on a 2foot lifted gq they are buying and its on again.

it looks like somebody with about 150posts i'd say. been round for a while, but not a pro.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mate it's your patrol you drive it do what you want with it. Who's gonna stop you .... the fun police ? Are they gonna lock you up in the fun jail ... i think not just do it .... if you don't like it down the track or its too loud you can get it chopped out and throw a normal exhaust on it. Mate you've got nothing to lose bar a bit of money ....

·
Registered
NISSAN
495 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
GAY

that is all
you must like them then. eagle bay is full of pretentious ******* apart from adam gilchrist.

edit: stacks look good and im not gay. i would go twin 3". i would have them if i had a ute

·
Registered
nissan
206 Posts
I support SOME stacks. I myself have a stack on my wagon as she blows a metric dickton of smoke and I got sick of cleaning the soot off the trailer.

I do not like the massive chrome stacks though. Really, looks ****. A nice steel pipe looks fine, and you don't whine when you scratch the **** out of it (as you do when it's on the outside of a bloody wagon). I know yours would be in a ute but still. And twin stacks?

Cheers,
Mick

1 - 20 of 149 Posts