Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put some new TYC brand Tail Lights off ebay (made in Taiwan) on my GQ tonight to replace the cracked ones (after the other weekends effort at Black C o c katoo 4WD Park), and when I tested the lights I noticed the tail lights were unusually bright.
Turned off the lights and tried the brakes................Yep, they've wired the globe or the connector back to front at the factory. No biggy, nothing a quick cut, swap and crimp couldn't fix.
So if you get some yourselves make sure you test the lights before driving off.

Apart from that, everything fitted nicely and all roadworthy again.

·
Registered
nissan
11,180 Posts
I put some new TYC brand Tail Lights off ebay (made in Taiwan) on my GQ tonight to replace the cracked ones (after the other weekends effort at Black C o c katoo 4WD Park), and when I tested the lights I noticed the tail lights were unusually bright.
Turned off the lights and tried the brakes................Yep, they've wired the globe or the connector back to front at the factory. No biggy, nothing a quick cut, swap and crimp couldn't fix.
So if you get some yourselves make sure you test the lights before driving off.

Apart from that, everything fitted nicely and all roadworthy again.
ive found every aftermarket taillight i have got for my gq. (been thru about half a dozen by now) they are all the same. i usually just reuse the original wire harness and swap it over. to lazy to chop and resolder the wires the other way. but they do seem to normally fit well.
but yes a good idea to all to check your lights especially after fitting aftermarket tail lights. for this very reason.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts