Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,861 Posts
Depends on your budget, location, availability and everyone is going to have a different opinion recommending whats worked best for them. Probably easier to ask first what tyres to stay away from and go from there. So many different manufactures available these days try looking locally what is the favourite with off road community there.

I havent personally used Toyo or Nittos but the Grapplers have a good following. Another vote from me for the KM2, they do have a great life expectancy provided there rotated and balanced, but this helps any tyre. Noise wise they are a Mud terrain so you have to be kidding yourself to expect them to be quite like a highway tyre so this is to be expected and is a trade off for off road ability.

·
Registered
nissan
67 Posts
If you've got the coin go KM2s or something like a Toyo Open Country MT. I love my KM2s, i treat them like garbage and they take it all. They get a tad noisier once worn out a bit but still miles better than most other muddies. On a budget the Summit Mud Hogs are getting some pretty decent reviews, can get 315 75 16s for around $280 in Melbourne.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
45 Posts
Toyo Open country. They are awesome! And quiet for such an aggressive muddy. I paid $348 for 285/75/16's fitted and ballanced.

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
BFGs last a long time as they have a very hard compound, only prob is they look ghey and don't perform as well offroad due to the hard compound.

MickeyT/Coopers look good and wear well but get noisy, and used to have quality issues.

Maxxis bias are awesome, but maxxis radial are junk.

Goodyear have the best compound but sadly no longer make the traditional MTR and the jury is out on the current design.

No comment for toyo, nitto, summits as I haven't used them.

·
Registered
nissan
419 Posts
8 inch rim and love my summit mud hogs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts