Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm after some advise from this excellent forum.

I have a '98 GU Patrol, had it for 10 years & still stock standard (actually ordered that donator chip for my 2.8l, but that'll be another question). Anyway, I've seen some 2nd hand alloy wheels & tyres available and I'm not sure if they'll fit or not?
I've always run 265x70x16 on the std steel wheels and the 16x8 alloys have 315x75x16 AT's on them.

Is that tyre size gunna mess with gearing, speedo, rub on the arches, right offset etc?
They're coming off a GU - not sure of which series yet.
I could swap over my existing tyres to the alloys except I want to try some different tyres. Reason is; the maxxis 751's fitted 3 months ago induced the dreaded 80kph wheel wobble that I didn't have with previous Goodyears & Bridgestones, but did have with some old worn Yokos 10 yrs ago, now it's back.... can't figure it out ??

many thanx

Steve

·
Registered
nissan
536 Posts
I have a '98 2.8 as well, with a 2" lift and airbags in the rear, and 2" lift and 30mm coil spacers in the front. The tyres I run for touring are 265/75R16's BFG All-terrains, and I don't have any dramas with rubbing or gearing. I also have a set of 305/70R16 BFG Mud-terrains which I use for tougher tracks. I've found the 305's do rub a little inside the rear wheel arches, and also rub a little on one of the front radius arms (?). The speedo reads a little low for what I'm actually doing, however too my surprise the little 2.8 has handled the bigger tyres without too much breathlessness.

·
Registered
nissan
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Impossible, I'm contemplating a lift and bags for towing the boat, I've put up with the sagging for too long I reckon.
I guess the taller and wider rubber has to behave differently... I'm just wondering how differently?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts