Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
GU IV TI 4.8
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Tyre Topic is for members to post about Kumho MT51. Post your thoughts on grip, noise, wear, airing down, or anything else you consider of interest to other members.

http://www.kumho.com.au/blog/products/road-venture-mt51/

Rules for Tyre Topics:

Tyre Topics are intended to be information sources. Both positive and negative reports are encouraged.

Tyre Topics are NOT for slanging matches. Any posts which don't contain useful information may be deleted.

Comparisons with other tyres are acceptable, if they contain first hand accounts (see above.) "Buy XXX instead" opinions (without first hand stories to back them up) are not.

·
Registered
nissan
722 Posts
These tyres look very promising. I intend on replacing my KL71s with these next week.

For 5 off 285/75/16s fitted and balanced I have obtained pricing ranging from $350 to $289(!) per tyre.

·
Registered
nissan
722 Posts
Got these on today. As expected the MT51s are much quieter than the KL71s. Tread pattern looks great, sidebiters are slightly improved too. Approx. 14.5 mm average tread depth. Here's a few pictures.

Reactions: sim79

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
These look the goods!

Mint pics! Scottmeister

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Yes they do look like the ATZ P3, but these would be a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I know this is not what people like, but my best mate has a set of these going on next week on a navara. I am keen to see how they go, I'm looking at a set too, but am waiting to see how he finds them.

·
Registered
nissan
69 Posts
I got quoted $255 fitted and balanced for a 265/75r16 from Kmart Tyre and Auto if anyone's interested. Seems like a pretty good buy IMO

·
Registered
nissan
722 Posts
Any updates on how they're wearing, road noise etc..?

Cheers
Only done about 2000 km so far. About 400 km of that was up in the VIC high country during January, with a good mix of slippery steep rock climbs, boggy crud and standard issue dusty gravel roads. Never felt any difference in traction compared to my previous KL71s and MTZs in the nasty stuff. They wouldn't clear as well in sticky clay or mud but I'm not too fussed. Tyre pressure around 24 psi off road, 40 psi on road. Super quiet on the hard stuff, with good wet and dry traction. I just happened to be in the high country to get a dose of torrential rain as well as blistering heat in the one week, so it was a good test session. As for wear I think I've only just worn off the tread hairs fully. Two thumbs up.

·
Registered
nissan
21 Posts
Anyone else running these or looked at pricing? I was quoted $330 each today for 185/75/16 but can get MT ATZ P3's for $350. Not sure what would be the best way.

·
Registered
Nissan
252 Posts
Depending on where you are, I would of thought that's a bit pricey. Also I think there's a whole thread on these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 44 Posts