Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post first hand accounts only - "my tyres" or "I saw" reports. Any "mate said" or "I heard" stories may be deleted.

This Tyre Topic is for members to post about Maxxis RAZR . Post your thoughts on grip, noise, wear, airing down, or anything else you consider of interest to other members.

Rules for Tyre Topics:

Tyre Topics are intended to be information sources. Both positive and negative reports are encouraged.

Tyre Topics are NOT for slanging matches. Any posts which don't contain useful information may be deleted.

Comparisons with other tyres are acceptable, if they contain first hand accounts (see above.) "Buy XXX instead" opinions (without first hand stories to back them up) are not.

Attachments

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They have a 35x12.5 15 to which will interest a few as it’s rare size these days for new tyres.

·
Registered
Nissan
106 Posts
Any update on these? Anyone running them?

·
Registered
Nissan
106 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger on a set after tossing up a few brands. Very impressive in person and they are quite aggressive. Will report back after a few kms.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
47 Posts
About 2500km down on mine. Already had to replace one due to sidewall splitting within 1000km, the other three are on their way with one just about to bust, others have some smaller splits.

Definitely won't be buying again, will post photos later.

·
Registered
nissan
41 Posts
Anyone got anymore feedback on these, I was seriously considering them, For 35's i was quoted $395 per tyre fitted, But after reading the above post im not so sure.

·
Registered
GU IV TI 4.8
354 Posts
I've done around 1000km on my set - 295/70 17s. I really like them so far. Pretty quiet for a mud pattern and they handle well. Have not tried off road yet but feel confident there.

·
Registered
Nissan
106 Posts
I've done 2000kms on them so far. Had them down to 6psi last trip over rock and couldn't fault them. Pretty quiet on the highway as well.

·
Registered
Nissan
140 Posts
Any further feed back on these. Cher

·
Registered
nissan
1,532 Posts
My first two questions as with anyone with 35 inch tyres lol

1) Do they balance up well? No vibration or shimmy at 110kmh?
2)Are they heavy?

·
Registered
nissan
41 Posts
My first two questions as with anyone with 35 inch tyres lol

1) Do they balance up well? No vibration or shimmy at 110kmh?
2)Are they heavy?
Ive done around 1000/1500km on my set and am very happy with them so far, Balance up great to, I had bad steering wobbles before hand, After fitting these its like a new bus to drive. I did also replace a tie rod end at the same time so that may have had more to do with it though.

·
Registered
Nissan
106 Posts
Just got back from tassie. Did all these usual tracks without an issue. $1000 Track, Climies, Lake Cumberland etc. Bit over 5000kms now. Balance up well even with beadlocks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts