Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far as I knew the ufi dump pipes should fit upto a standard exhaust so I bought a scotts rods 3" without dump pipe as I was told by them it should fit upto factory dump pipe.

Long story short it doesn't fit :(

UFI dump pipe

UFI dump pipe from underneath and where the scotts rods exhaust sits if bolted to factory mount near cross member.

If I ignore the factory mount and push it over to the dump pipe it still doesn't fit, close but looks like the flex joint end needs to move towards the chassis rail for the holes to line up but its already touching.

Help please

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
My UFi 16large and Scott's rod 3" is a very very tight fit!
Sits about 4mm off the lines directly below dump.
No vibes while driving, just on shut down it rattles up the rear somewhere and the front below dump.
A bit annoyed but won't lose any sleep over it.
I also left my exhaust in all original mounts.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
had a 3" on the car when I bought it which was bolted upto the factory dump pipe, just took the scotts section out and tried the old piece and it fits almost perfectly.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No it says 4.2L patrol wagon GU on the quote but maybe they sent wrong 1???

·
Registered
nissan patrol
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pretty annoyed to say the least, will contact them on Monday. Have read a few peoples threads talking them up as an easy great fitting exhaust hence why I bought 1 but this front section is too far out that it must be for a different model.

·
Registered
nissan
39 Posts
I just fitted my UFI 16G a month or so back and it bolted up to my beudesert 3" pipe no worries, not what you really want to hear I suppose though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
3,946 Posts
Mate, I have fitted probably a dozzen or more scotts rods systems now for customers that supplied them.
As a rule of thumb after being burned on the first few systems I double the fitting price for them over any other brand.
What you have suffered is not a one off or even a bad batch, it is just the level of quality they are built to. Thats why they are so much cheaper than other brands.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mattgu so does the beaudesert fit straight up to the back of the ufi turbo? Or did u u se the ufi dump connected to the beaudesert?

Just confirming wether the standard beaudesert 3" system will mate up too ufi turbo and the ht18.

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
3,946 Posts
Redback is what I always prefer. Taipan is also pretty good as long as its not using the horrible spiral R̶e̶s̶t̶r̶i̶c̶t̶o̶r̶ muffler.
Beaudesert also fit well maybe a little more pricey though.

The standard Beaudesert will mate up to the ufi dump pipe. Its pretty much standard thing to have the dump pipe finish exactly where the factory one does in most turbo kits.
Yes the pipe diamater is larger and its all alot closer in that area which is unavoidable.

·
Registered
nissan
39 Posts
I have had the beudesert exhaust for a few years now and before the ufi turbo I had the beudesert 3" dump bolted to the ht18. I am now using the ufi dump pipe and turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,226 Posts
+1 for Scott Rods being a ****house fit. I put one on my ute and only one mount lined up and bends were wrong putting the exhaust close to the chassis and rear suspension.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wish I could have seen comments like these a couple of weeks ago, all I could find were positive ones back then

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Don't think anyone can blame Scott's rod for not fitting up to an aftermarket turbo. They were made to fit the original ht18 and that's exactly what mine did. Original fit up was flawless!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Like I said the previous 3" which was bolted to ht18 and factory dump pipe bolts upto ufi dump pipe perfectly. The new exhaust is the issue not the new turbo/dump pipe. None to my surprise Scott's rods were no help and told me to unbolt the front piece from the rest of the exhaust and start from front to back which I had already clearly told them In my email with photos. Oh well I guess I will be cutting and welding the POS

1 - 20 of 36 Posts