Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day guys,

Am leaning towards getting a UFI Td05 18g turbo upgrade (low mount). My main question for those using one or that know, what are options for an exhaust ? I'm running a TD4.2 in a GU IV with a 3" exhaust already.

What I gather is the bolt up is different to that of the HT18, and I see the turbo comes with its own dump. How ever i can't see it attaching direct to my exhaust as my current dump is a few inches longer. Is there a set exhaust I can get to fit on? Or I will need to cut mine and join it somehow ?

Cheers

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine bolted straight up no worries. Best talk to UFI
I called them and the bloke was so unhappy to speak too me and barely said a word like I should know the stuff I was asking. So I got bugger all from him

·
Registered
nissan
2,861 Posts
Any exhaust that bolts to a factory dump pipe, or a factory replacement type dump pipe will bolt to our dump pipe.
That is the same answer I give possibly 5-10 times a day.
Manta exhausts will fit. If not, $150-200 at a exhaust shop for a simple reconnect typically.
No we do not use the HT18 style turbine housing, it still suffers from many of the issues we see when fitted to the HT18.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
327 Posts
I called them and the bloke was so unhappy to speak too me and barely said a word like I should know the stuff I was asking. So I got bugger all from him
thats bit crappy. i must admitt, ive called them a few times and unless speaking to Matt himself, got a similar result. Matt is normally pretty helpful.

mines a few years old and thing may have changed but the dump was just standard triangular 3 bolt flange.

as the others said, if its different, exhaust shop will change it pretty quickly and cheaply.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts