Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

3841 - 3860 of 3866 Posts

·
united fuel injection
Nissan
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,841
Well I haven't been on here for a while !

As most know a fair bit of contact and updates are done via FB these days .

Nothing much has changed really , few new changes to the turbo line up one being the M series and the change to a 4" cover on our turbos now !

Marty and myself recently broke the 300rwkw barrier and 1200Nm on diesel alone with a single turbo . Oh how we dared to dream years ago at 200rwkw now look where we are at !

It has taken us years of head scratching and development and breaking stuff to get there but we did it none the less !

We still have a lot more up our sleeve in cylinder head design and a few other things !

·
Registered
nissan
2,871 Posts
LOL, yeah, its been a interesting, often frustrating exercise.
And just when you think you are on the right track, something else pops up.
Just like our compound setup, we had a combo that was very close, made a few changes to the engine, and the whole dynamics of how it worked changed.
So while not totally back to square one, I really need to sit down and rethink what direction we will take.

Love that photo, sitting in the drivers seat, you just cant see that.

·
Registered
nissan
239 Posts
Hi all, thought it would be best to ask on here than open another thread.

Reading the results at the start of this thread, ive got a few questions. I have a GQ Shorty '88 silvertop TD42 and its in desperate need of a turbo. Shes's a heavy shorty tipping the scales ar 3T. I've looked at a few options, more so the BB garret's like the 2860 (very interested in the HPD turbo kit).

The vehicle is setup for this already, ive had the IP rebuilt and modded. Its been built to factory GU TD42T spec (so 11mm and fitted with an aneroid by denco). I read earlier that a different result for these turbos can be expected when using a compensated pump rather than just turning up the fuel screw.

Whats your opinions? Garret, TD05 or even a denco kit? I'm curious about the denco kit as watching Graham from 4wd actions latest little youtube video he was stating running 15 psi its never broken over 85/450 degrees and is non-intercooled. Seems to be reliable figures..

Apologies if this has already been covered

·
Registered
NISSAN
363 Posts
Hi Guys
I purchased an 18g from UFI just before Christmas and after a few months of driving I have to say I'm very happy with how it performs with the standard 11mm pump, Intercooler, and Nissan snorkel. It's just such a pleasure to drive compared to the HT18.

Next step is the usual upgrades; 12mm pump from UFI, custom front mount intercooler and four inch snorkel. Hmm the bug never ends lol.

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Hi Guys
I purchased an 18g from UFI just before Christmas and after a few months of driving I have to say I'm very happy with how it performs with the standard 11mm pump, Intercooler, and Nissan snorkel. It's just such a pleasure to drive compared to the HT18.

Next step is the usual upgrades; 12mm pump from UFI, custom front mount intercooler and four inch snorkel. Hmm the bug never ends lol.
They also do a performance 11mm

·
Registered
Nissan
746 Posts
We have 230hp versions of the 11mm.

What’s best suited to one of your 18g for around 160-170kw, 11m performance or 12mm?
Or is that one of those how long a piece of string questions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Hi Guys

Don't forget the airbox in amongst that. I would put it on the list with 4" plumbing to turbo even before the snorkel.

·
Registered
nissan
2,871 Posts
What’s best suited to one of your 18g for around 160-170kw, 11m performance or 12mm?
Or is that one of those how long a piece of string questions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are both setup to the same test plan, and do the same thing on the car and on the dyno.
That has been our observations.
Only difference between the 2 is that one is $300 cheaper than the other.

·
SUI GENERIS UTE
GQ Ute 1990 Silvertop
5,982 Posts
They are both setup to the same test plan, and do the same thing on the car and on the dyno.
That has been our observations.
Only difference between the 2 is that one is $300 cheaper than the other.
This has been my observation as well even at 200RwKw's, i was looking for a different approach on torque with the 11mm in the precombustion TD42 but its not there.

The 11mm can output 200+cc/1000 shots but i think injection timing and its stability has more to do with results on torque and trying to keep that internal case pressure ideal for stable timing at the correct mapping.

·
Registered
NISSAN
363 Posts
Don't forget the airbox in amongst that. I would put it on the list with 4" plumbing to turbo even before the snorkel.
I've got the 4" from the turbo to the modified standard air box lid and K&N filter.
I'm going to make a new air box with a large pod filter or an LS1 panel filter. Not sure which one yet, I've got a large pod filter on my blown 6.0 in my GQ and it works ok for 500rwhp.

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Seems a chit storm went down on fb last night.
A mate showed me a vid of a new unfitted crook UFI 18g, i said its ****ed, showed the vid to Pete, Pete said it’s ****ed and that’s as far as it went went me.
My little mate msged Marty and was all sorted. However one of Jackson’s mate put it up on a of 1hz page which caused ww3 apparently.lol

So before knives get thrown and panties get ripped off make note, I didn’t post it up.

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
The one the courier dropped ?
Well, isn’t that the world war 3 question.
Don’t really care to be honest and mistakes happen, but I guess we will be told the truth soon enough.
I know when my borg was shipped form the states and my old 16l there wasn’t a hope in hell to daMage the wheel in transport.

·
SUI GENERIS UTE
GQ Ute 1990 Silvertop
5,982 Posts
lol Marty and Matt have been playing with the:D:D UFI VORTEX.

But to be fair you can even get the blades machined with bat Wings for even more of that good votrex G power.

3841 - 3860 of 3866 Posts