Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

3861 - 3866 of 3866 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
540 Posts
lol Marty and Matt have been playing with the:D:D UFI VORTEX.

But to be fair you can even get the blades machined with bat Wings for even more of that good votrex G power.
Batwings?

20181017_173955.jpg

Reactions: OldMav

·
Registered
nissan patrol
3 Posts
Hi
My name is Jose Andres, Iam from Panama Central America.
My Patrol a Y61 gu4 2005 td42 Na.
10 years ago I put a AXT kit, now Iam looking to upgrade the turbo.
Iam running 10mm ip, maybe in a few years I will switch it to a 11mm ip.
I have 2 options of manifolds, the axt one or the td42t factory one. T3 both
No looking for big numbers (remember is NA), but I will like better responds at low mid rpm range, instead of the axt (t3/t4 .82ar)

1) Garrett gtx2867r with what .ar turbine? .63?
2) Ufi td05 16g

Cheers
Jose Andres

·
Registered
nissan
6,727 Posts
Hi Jose, welcome to the forum. I expect the AXT turbo that came with your kit will be using all the fuel a 10mm pump can supply. Consequently I don't think there is anything you can do as far as changing turbos that will yield any decent increase in power. If I already had an AXT turbo I'd be looking for an 11mm pump before I was looking for a different turbo.

·
Registered
nissan
2,871 Posts
Jose, A change in turbo to something more suitable will provide a torque increase which is what most people look for other than outright power.
I have already given you my advice with turbo I would recommend in FB messages and emails.
GTX2867R, while it would allow the ability to make power when sufficient fuel is supplied, would not be a upgrade in drive ability for you setup.

·
Registered
NISSAN
363 Posts
I’m still enjoying my UFI 18g and 12mm pump.
Such a pleasure to drive and leaves most 70 series Landcruisers in a cloud of satisfying soot. I probably enjoy driving it more than my supercharged LS GQ Ute to be honest.

3861 - 3866 of 3866 Posts