Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys im looking at getting a GME slimline tx3220 or tx 3200 and i have seen these in the ashtray of some GQ's.

So my question is, is it a nice fit? does is rattle around? and are any modifications needed to make it fit?

Cheers guys.

:)

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Not sure about the fit or fabrication but...

If you can wait till GME release the new 80 channel sets there might be nice drop in the price of a lot of the current 40 channel models... of course they haven't said how far into 2011 before they release them :shock:

·
If you drive a box you get box
1,115 Posts
its a nice enough fit, sticks out a bit more than id personally like, but the air ducts are behind it so theres nothing u can really do

it doesnt rattle around, but i do recommend an external speaker

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,716 Posts
Having this issues myself, just removed a din sized uhf under the radio and replaced it with a tx3200,currently its just shoved in the old hole untill i figure out how to mount it. I like the ashtray idea, but then i'll have nowhere to put my coins..... :lol:

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,716 Posts
Nice, i just come across this while searching for a solution... reckon i will go with this option, then i wont have the dirty big hole left under my head unit......

GME MBD001 DIN Mounting Kit - $27.00

·
Registered
nissan
999 Posts

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,716 Posts
I got my uhf 2nd hand without the mounting bracket.. do you need the mounting bracket to secure it to the din unit?

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,716 Posts
There are no screw holes in the side of the tx3200... looks like it slides into the mounting bracket and locks in. but i'll be able to sort something out... even if i have to use cable ties and clamp it to the din unit.. :lol:

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Thought about the units that hide behind the dash with a remote display mic? All the functions, display and loudspeaker are on the hand piece.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts