Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GR SE
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Just a quicky to say hello from the UK. You seem to be well into your Trols and Mav's here. Just got myself a 1996 Patrol Y60 RD28T GR. I think this is the same as your GU (am I right about this?) Its bog standard at the minute but I have plans to do some mods once I get to know it a bit better. Hope to get some info here as to what can and cannot be done. Been looking around the site for a few days before posting this. Great site keep up the good work.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
315 Posts
same as the GQ. looks very tidy in the small pic, how about some decent ones?

side note, glad to see you have seen the light over the ssangyong, but i wouldn't advertise the fact that i used to own one let alone still do own one of these attrosities.

·
Registered
nissan
206 Posts
G'day bloke,

Great to see another pootroll fan in the making. I'm a recent acolyte myself with an RD28T GQ LWB. With a few choice mods, the RD can really kick up a stink. They aren't bomb-proof like the old TD's, but they have a great bottom end and a great rev range.

Make sure you check the harmonic balancer every oil change, change oils dead on 5K or early, regularly check/change your coolant and timing belt and the RD28 will go well for a while yet. Let maintenance fall behind and they do not like it.

Throw up a few photos man.

Cheers,
Mick

·
Registered
nissan patrol gr year 2000
30 Posts
Hi Knight

I am new to the site as well and newish to the Patrol Y61 2.8(2 years). Still developing mine for desert trips. Based in Nottingham UK. Will be interested to see how you get on. So far I have OME upgrade (2 inch lift), skid plates and 275 BFG AT's. What are you planning to do with yours?

all the best

·
Registered
nissan
181 Posts
Welcome along, nice to see you too have the RD28T :) and defo keep up the maintenance as the person or persons who owned mine did not and i am paying for it :) :) Head Gasket gone, lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts