Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just about to buy a Scangauge 2 when I came across its replacement the Ultra Gauge. Made by the same company Nexzor, Inc.

UltraGauge Automotive Information Center and OBDII Scan Tool

Only available in imperial at the moment.

Hopefully it will be out in metric soon.

One advantage I can see with this new product is that it has a min and max alarm that can be set for different parameters. It would be great to set a max alarm for boost, water temp and oil temp.

Looks promising.

Steve.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After a long wait, the Ultragauge EM (metric version) has just been released. I have just placed an order.

If this product proves popular we will have to research and list the parameters for the CRD Patrol so that the Ultragauge alarms can be set with the min and max figures.

Steve.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Guys

If you order from the Ultragauge web site it will reject our 4 digit post code. So to over come this I placed an X in front of my post code and that was accepted. I trust Australia post will work this out when the product reaches our shores.

Steve.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
Hi Guys

If you order from the Ultragauge web site it will reject our 4 digit post code. So to over come this I placed an X in front of my post code and that was accepted. I trust Australia post will work this out when the product reaches our shores.

Steve.
Damn, with another 3 X's in it I might have received it in QLD

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just an update on my previous post re five digit post code.

I have been told the post code issue has been fixed.

Sorry guyoutoo no beer... :cool:

·
Registered
nissan
152 Posts
I'm trying to buy one, but can't get in contact with anyone as the site has no contact details?

The postcode thing doesn't work, annoying - any suggestions? Have tried the X etc.

·
Registered
nissan
91 Posts
Ultra Gauge

Danbri,
How did you go???

Also does anyone know if these will work on an 05 3ltr???

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan patrol
95 Posts
will this gauge work on an 05 patrol 3.0L non crd i know the scan gauge 2 doesn't work on the non crd but does the new ultra gauge ???????????????

·
ZD30 Out - L77 In!
nissan patrol
3,346 Posts
will this gauge work on an 05 patrol 3.0L non crd i know the scan gauge 2 doesn't work on the non crd but does the new ultra gauge ???????????????
No it won't. It's an OBD-II scan tool and the 05 Patrol isn't OBD-II compliant. The only option for a scan tool is ECUTalk.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu IV TI
19 Posts
Hi All..
Pardon my ignorance but is the 05 4.8L OBDII Compatible???
Its just I have a SCANGAUGE II Which I removed from my previous vehicle and cant get it to work on the GU.. :-(
Regards
S.

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Hi All..
Pardon my ignorance but is the 05 4.8L OBDII Compatible???
Its just I have a SCANGAUGE II Which I removed from my previous vehicle and cant get it to work on the GU.. :-(
Regards
S.
No, it's not OBD II compatible...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My UltraGauge EM (English / Metric) turned up yesterday. Plugged it in and had it configured and set up in about 10 minutes.

Only for OBDII compliant vehicles.

It detected about 40 parameters that can be displayed including:

Engine coolant temp
Fuel Rail Pressure
Intake Pressure MAP
RPM
KPH
Mass Air Flow 1 (raw uncalculated)
Mass Air Flow 2 (calibrated )
Instantaneous KPL, K/100KM
Average KPL, K/100L
Average KPH
Distance and all trip computer parameters
Boost Pressure (manifold gauge pressure)
Fuel Used

And the following which require configuration by setting the max values for the vehicle. (Have not done this yet)
Horsepower
Kilowattts
Torque

You can set up to 7 pages of gauges. Each page can be configured to display 4, 6 or 8 gauges. At the push of a button you can scroll through the pages.

First impressions are pretty good given the price.
I have only been looking closely at boost which has not risen above 15 psi and engine coolant temp which has only risen to about 85 deg c.

When I get the chance I will find a flat section of road and do some testing at different speeds.

Steve.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ordered one too

Yeah I ordered mine last week to replace my scan gauge. Can't wait, much cheaper I think 98au or something like that delivered

1 - 20 of 53 Posts