Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Y61=WIN
nissan
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately weve been consulting for a client near a major shopping centre for work recently. At lunch Ive taken to having a look at the food on offer and have a little midday treat for myself with something nice to eat.

Q: Do you think its un-Australian to be hassled by charities every day in the shopping centre?

Everyday theres some sort of charity operating in the walking area. You cant walk past without an "excuse me sir" from the special Olympics, UNICEF, save the pregnant gay whales foundation.

Now I'm all for the good work charities do. But since when in Australia, is it OK to be hassled everyday about it while in the shopping centre? And whats with this attitude of, "oh Ill just interrupt you and force myself into pressuring you for some money" stuff. What I like about the salvation army is the person will sit there with their money box, and not hassle people. Sometimes Ive put my change into the box just out of respect for not being hassled.

·
Registered
nissan
4,454 Posts
I'm hearing you mate, I do my charity bit with a couple of them, I must admit I am in it to win prizes but if i'm in it to do that my coin might as well go to a good cause, but I hate when I get pestered, they even come to my door and pester me.

I feel extremely rude when I have to say, "What part of no do you not understand?"

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GUIV
18,471 Posts
Sometimes Ive put my change into the box just out of respect for not being hassled.
This ^^^^

Annoy me you get nothing.

Don't annoy me you get my change after I've asked if you get commission from it.

·
Registered
Nissan
2,879 Posts
The difference being the person in the salvos uniform is a volunteer, whereas the shopping center scammers are not and are paid on commission with a small percentage of the days takings ending up at whatever charity they are spruiking for on any given day.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,999 Posts
If you hate those little plicks in shopping centres, then don't come to Melbourne CBD, charity scammers and student protestors virtually every day.

Unfortunately I hate those little plicks and I have to travel to Melbourne CBD.

If anything I reckon those little student protestors are worse. They clearly think that because they study arts with a minor in politics then that somehow qualifies them as a full blown politician, so they'll sit in the city and spew out greeny bullchit about uni fees or the environment or how the libs and anyone who supports them is literally the devil.
Some little chit followed me 100m down the street until I lost it at them.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,999 Posts
I appear to have gone on a slight tangent...

·
Registered
Nissan
500 Posts
A simple smile and shake of the head is all it takes for them to change focus to someone else.
Maybe I just look like a hard ****......either that or a destitute...lol

Surely there are better things to whinge about.......disabled parking perhaps?

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
Avoid any eye contact and if you make eye contact just politely say no.

Cheers

Justin

·
Y61=WIN
nissan
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pram parks are the perfect size to accommodate a Nissan patrol and are ussually right near the entrance doors :)
I've done that I must admit :) Since I do have a car seat in the back for my son its looks kinda legit. I still feel guilty and dont do it unless all other outside carparks arent taken, us few in this hobby have long not been able to enter underground carparks...hehe

·
Registered
nissan
1,671 Posts
It's a rort, every time I go to the local supermarket I get asked for money.

I've been thinking of getting a shirt printed up saying "The government takes my money in taxes, Utilities take my money for services, Family takes my money for survival.....what makes you think there's any left for you?"

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
I regularly give to the RSPCA and Legacy. Nobody else. The money stays in Australia and doesn't go towards feeding locusts overseas.

·
Registered
nissan
4,454 Posts
I regularly give to the RSPCA and Legacy. Nobody else. The money stays in Australia and doesn't go towards feeding locusts overseas.
Now that is one thing that boils my blood, countries like India have space programs but charities still send them money, the British labour party sent them money for schools FFS.

If they can afford rockets and nuclear science then they don't need our money.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,529 Posts
i like the charity on tv that asks for $13 a month to feed a child. how the hell to they get that figure. I only give to rspca and rfds at least they are local.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,795 Posts
I find it easy to say 'no thanks' and keep walking.

If that does not work then a good dose of 'get da fcuk otta my face' does.

Sweating over the small stuff will serve you no purpose.

·
Registered
nissan
2,029 Posts
Get a business phone number and see how much you get hassled. Apparently small business has too much money....

We donate to our selected charities each year but somehow we are on a list and we get "invoices" from other "charities" with similar names/causes asking for money regularly enough.

·
I'm not really a Newbie
nissan
3,909 Posts
I hate the pushy ones in malls. I just keep walking and say no.

The blind ones or the red cross or the oldies sitting by the door of the shops quietly with their stickers get all my money everytime.

And i hate you plicks that park in pram parks without kids... fark off 😂

Ive been known to have a go at random people for that very reason.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Nah, more fun locking eye contact with them & keeping walking whilst not uttering a word, leaves them speechless......
Yes thats me , and making out I'm talking on my phone as i walk past them

·
Registered
Nissan
500 Posts
Was at the supermarket with my twins. They are 4. Parked up in a normal spot and was walking across the carpark when some chick came around the corner and swooped into a disabled carpark.
The twins were waiting in anticipitation to see what the people look like who park in these spots.......I have always told them that they can't walk......to keep it simple.

Anyways.....this chick jumps out just as we are alongside and starts to stroll into the coffee shop. My young lad screams out.....DADDY...THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH HER LEGS.

Lols.....the whole coffee shop looked up, clearly not impressed with her choice of parking spots......and she had the hide to give me daggers.....go figure.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts