Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone enlighten me on what the hell this is?

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
224 Posts
Looks like an airel plug there. Some sort of comms device??

·
Registered
nissan patrol
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do have sat navigation. Where would my computer be?

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
SAT NAV. If look on the front it should have a small slot for a SD card. You can see the GPS antenna cable on the back. Black cable goes to the screen. You must have a center dash display system and the other cables on right are pos - neg - ground and speaker cables going to head unit. There worth 1000 USD at the moment new for the complete system.

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
I do have sat navigation. Where would my computer be?
Depends if you have a center screen with no buttons, center screen with buttons below or a head unit GPS.

2014 Version Patrol has the antenna in the middle of the dash with wifi/ USB socket next to the gear lever. AM antenna is now in the roof liner on the right hand side. This use to be in the rear left window.

·
Registered
nissan patrol ti v
119 Posts
That would be the Sat Nav under the drivers seat (rear pic shown). Complete POS. Has an infra red remote, no touch screen or screen buttons. Centre dash mounted above the stereo and not good for much. That box is the "computer", complete with two SD cards slots at the front. Gave up using mine years ago.
Cheers,

·
Registered
nissan patrol
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What are the SD slots for?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SAT NAV. If look on the front it should have a small slot for a SD card. You can see the GPS antenna cable on the back. Black cable goes to the screen. You must have a center dash display system and the other cables on right are pos - neg - ground and speaker cables going to head unit. There worth 1000 USD at the moment new for the complete system.
I just checked again. Yeah it has the slots with a memory card in one. What would be on that card? Is it safe too pull the card out?

·
Registered
A45 AMG, Ranger :(
1,163 Posts
All the map info is on there, I have the latest maps, but unfortunately the voice guiding doesn't work. It can plot the route on the map which is easy enough to follow anyway. I like it for the reverse camera and trip info. Dont use the guidance to much.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All the map info is on there, I have the latest maps, but unfortunately the voice guiding doesn't work. It can plot the route on the map which is easy enough to follow anyway. I like it for the reverse camera and trip info. Dont use the guidance to much.
So how do I go about updating my SD card mate?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
76 Posts
You can buy the new maps through whereis, i think it's like $200 or find someone with the new mapping system, send them your card and they will update your card. It has been said that some maps don't work on bigger cards and also have to be formatted in FAT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts