Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 2 of 41 Posts

· BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,664 Posts
I'm on that forum too, might ask him for a description of the GQ. Maybe someone here knows the vehicle or the driver.
If the owner is on here you know who you are :rolleyes:
What a low act! What goes around.............................

· BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,664 Posts
That is BS. The guy stops to help somebody out, going out of his way, and he gets screwed over for it. I would happily chip in if the hat was passed around and hand the guy a brand new fully kitted out ARB recovery kit.

Unfortunately this is the Australia that we live in today. The old sayings of "help a mate out" or "a fair go" have been replaced by Aussie Pride, where we all think about ourselves, and f**k everybody else.

Welcome to Australia!
Well here's a true story that makes you wonder how many people are actually like that.
Two friends of mine were holidaying in America and one of them lost their purse while in the states with a wad of cash in it, plus all the usual travel cards etc, ID etc etc. You can imagine the panic this couple were in but the next day she recieved a phone call by a gentleman who found her purse and wanted to know how to return it to her. He gave her all his details as well and police confirmed it just so she knew he wasn't some weirdo etc. As they had just left USA and already in Canada she asked if he could post it to Oz as she and her husband still had access to money and they were moving around quite a bit.
She told the fella to keep the cash too but he wouldn't have it but she insisted. Anyway when they got home a couple of weeks ago her purse was waiting there for her, minus $25.00US for the postage. The rest of the cash still there and all her personals. All she had to do was exchange it back to AUD. No probs there, she works for a bank.
Made me feel a bit warm and fuzzy inside after they told me what happened.

1 - 2 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.