Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been 6yrs since my last post.
Stalled doing anything I originally planned 6 yrs ago until covid hit which made me finally get off my butt and get cracking.
So big tanks in. New rims Grid Gd01 18x9 - 12. Tyres are Yokohama G003 35x12.5 which still tuck inside the stock guards. Phew!!
Decided to build my own drawers using honeycomb aluminium because it's stupidly lightweight yet incredibly strong. Easy to build once the measurements are finalized after 200 rough drawings.
Motop RTT MT-135, kickass slimline sub, itech 120x 120amp lithium, redarc bms, stealth front and rear bars, xf phase 5 style scoop for air filter.
Enjoy the pics and happy new year.

·
Registered
nissan gq
441 Posts
Nice gq mate, I'm guessing that big gas tank would come in handy with a big block under the bonnet;).
Any chance of some pics of the engine?

jim

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Epic build mate.
The honeycomb aluminium looks interesting. Is it just glued together with angles?
Out of interest did you weigh the whole drawer setup?

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Epic build mate.
The honeycomb aluminium looks interesting. Is it just glued together with angles?
Out of interest did you weigh the whole drawer setup?
Thanks Benny, pop rivets, right angles and sikaflex.
The 3 sets of runners weigh more than the entire honeycomb. It weighs 47kg then add 17kg battery, 10L water and 15kg 47L fridge.
Always 89kg minimum

I've been on really rough tracks and it's solid. Broke eggs in the fridge. Lol

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Thanks Benny, pop rivets, right angles and sikaflex.
The 3 sets of runners weigh more than the entire honeycomb. It weighs 47kg then add 17kg battery, 10L water and 15kg 47L fridge.
Always 89kg minimum View attachment 527169

I've been on really rough tracks and it's solid. Broke eggs in the fridge. Lol
Looks reals really good. Is the top the same honey comb but with an edge on it? If not are there any other ways to edge the exposed ends?

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks reals really good. Is the top the same honey comb but with an edge on it? If not are there any other ways to edge the exposed ends?
I capped the top but left the rest exposed because I like the look of it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice build. I really like your custom drawer.

What is the brand/model of your winch? Although the Warn winch from 4wheelonline is already on my list, I'm still looking for other options.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts