Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some might know i used to have an 2001 ZD30 GU which i was starting to experience some real problems with.

Well at about the same time the problems started work offered me a novated lease car of my choice. Needless to say the decision was prety easy.

So i now have a 2010 GU7 (i think its a 7) ZD30CRD Auto...it came with a steel bullbar and winch (something a mate of mine who walked into nissan 3 weeks later was told they no longer do) a nissan snorkel, cargo barrier and towbar.

Ive now added a roof console to house the XTL5000 and Icom F310 as well as controls for the lights and stuff. I also have a Pirana 220 Amp Duel Battery Kit sitting in the garage waiting for a battery to come along so i can install it. Not to mention another CD5000 antenna on the bullbar.

In the 3 months ive had it ive driven from sydney to perth and back (coming back along the great central road and the oodnatatta track) and all in all im impressed with it. I also had to pick an unhappy landcruiser up from queensland the day i got back.

Future plans are fairley tame another 2" lift like the last one as well as some bigger tyres (i also have to keep the ones ive got due to the lease contract) Might build another storage unit for the rear like the last one. Roof basket is the next big purchase though.

Rescuing my mates Bundeera from queensland after the rear diff and transfer case went.

In Kimba...half way across australia

WA SA Border

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
Looks clean even while its in the middle of nowhere, looks tidy as hell mate.

·
Registered
nissan
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah its still prety good. When i take some pics of the inside ill post em.

Has bull dust everywhere but that to be expected i guess. Also has a tear in the carpet in the drivers footwell that nissan are fixing under warranty

·
Registered
nissan
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I started working on an electrical control box the other night at work to pass the time. Its not done yet. But when the second battery goes in ill finish wiring the whole thing up.

This photos a bit dated ive done a bit more since. But stoped once i realised i need another battery

·
Registered
nissan
276 Posts
nice truck

·
Registered
nissan
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks...it will be nicer in a few months...a few of my other projects are about 80% done

·
Registered
nissan
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So im gonna revive this because I've got a stack of stuff I'm mid way through.

First thing though was starting to get on my nerves, for the first few years i owned wombat (yeah i don't know what i call it that either) it was treated like a work car and it shows some battle scars on the interior. As such i decided that the standard silver has to go.

So im redoing all the current silver parts of the car and redoing them in 3M DesignerWraps Vinyl, i think the colour is Brushed Titanium but either way you can pick the stuff up from super cheap (or freight it in as my case was)

Im finding it a little tricky to work with because of the rounded edges on the door trims and AC vents but for the most part of been able to ensure most of the wrinkles are on the edges that you can't really see.

Here is a side by side of the passenger side which is done and the drivers side still sitting on the desk to be done.

And the finished rear passenger door handle

And lastly an up-close of the finished vent.

Hopefully ill get the rest finished and firted by tomorrow night (because I'm feeling lazy) and when my RAM mount for my new iPad turns up ill pull the radio surround and gear tunnel out and do them as well.

Reactions: PhysicalGraffiti

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
Nice work man.
Once you get the hang of how much you can gently heat and stretch that film, it is possible to do some fairly tricky shapes. I did my center dash and console around the auto shifter. I do have to re-do some parts as I did not have any of the cleaner/primer solution to make it stick better on inside corners around the radio and air-conditioner knobs, it is starting to lift up a bit.

·
Registered
nissan
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was actually your write up that gave me the idea...the 3M video said prepping the surface with Isopropyl Alcohol should be enough so ill see how that goes.

Reactions: geordie4x4
1 - 9 of 9 Posts