Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Green Machine
nissan
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, thought I would start sharing my turbo upgrade.

I have a Turbonetics turbo ready to go on my patrol as soon as someone buys my motorbike. Unit is equivelant to garrett 3071. Has 61mm comp wheel and .63 rear housing and 4 inch inlet. Also have a plenum made using the old inlet manifold. Still have to get a high mount long run manifold made, still looking for a quality maker. Will most likely be going with Fatz Fabrication here in Rockhampton.

Also still yet to purchase another intercooler as I only have a half size. I have 3 unifilter foam pods for a custom airbox I am constructing. Will also be fitting a button clutch to handle the mods. After I have fitted it all up it will be going back out to Shawn Swaffield at Swaftec Industries for a modded injector pump and dyno tune. Am hoping for about 200kw at the wheels on 35's with the help of my diesel gas.

Will keep this thread updated on progress.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
416 Posts
very nice mate should put a smile on ur face once she is up and running. someone else on here has a similar setup gets 180 odd kw on a gq ute.
do u have pics of ur air box u r making im designing one ATM for my gu ute.
whats the old turbo garrett 2871?what ru doing with it

·
Green Machine
nissan
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The guy your thinking about is probably Tye1986, I bought the turbo and plenum off him and these are his old photos, I was to slack to take my own. That was his old 2871, no idea what he did with it.

I'm going to start making my air box this weekend, i'll put up some pics of the filters and my plans for the box.

Attachments

·
Green Machine
nissan
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are 150mm long and 93 mm in diameter. They will have a larger surface area than just one and will be more compact. I have gas injection and ABS on that side of the engine bay also.

·
Green Machine
nissan
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just ordered my intercooler kit. Is a water to air unit from the states. Not too badly priced either, the only had the option for first class shipment which was very expensive.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
416 Posts
how ru going to plumb up to ur custom inlet manifold, ru going to have to run pipe work around the front of the radiator like u would for a front mount?

·
Registered
nissan
416 Posts
sorry another question, how r u planning to be able to get into the air box, ru going to have 1 end that unbolts, just trying to get more ideas b4 i start mine. i was thinking of doing mine with a uni filter around 180x450, but like u said it takes up a hell of a lot of room, which means i have to remove my dual batteries and relocate

·
Green Machine
nissan
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
The cooler unit its going to mount on top of the motor with plumbing going directly into then out of the cooler to the plenum. The heat exchange will be at the front with plumbing to the cooler unit.

I had dual batts as well but still had to move one into a bat box in the back. The lid over the filters will be hinged and clipped. The chamber over filters will be fixed.

Hope this helps, I will have more of an idea when I can take my patrol off the road and start

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
hey mate have just mounted the same kit so if ya want some pictures let me know and ill email em too ya.you will loose you're a/c fan so you will need to get another thermo

·
Green Machine
nissan
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey mate have just mounted the same kit so if ya want some pictures let me know and ill email em too ya.you will loose you're a/c fan so you will need to get another thermo

That sounds great thanks, im not going to knock back some help haha. I ordered mine this afternoon, not sure when it will turn up. I got all the water and hose fittings with it as well, thought it would be easier. I assumed it would have to go, did you relocate it or fit a different one?

My email is [email protected], anything you send would be appreciated, may stop some of the swearing during fitting haha.

Cheers.

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
nah mate i ended up using two 10 inch side by side but the rely kit you get with the other kit is good enough to just splice the othe thermo straight into the harness,just put a larger fuse in.i have put these on a switch so i can switch them off when in water ect but if you didnt want too do that you could solder one into the aircon harness and one on the ignition but i didnt see the point cos they will be on all the time.i finished the mounts for the exchanger before but i dont think you will be able to use them on your setup.ill email ya tommoz

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Tubonetics GT30 sounds very cool.

That said I dont like that manifold around number 1 pot at all, far to sharp a turn to get even flow into number 1.

·
Green Machine
nissan
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Postage was $ 160.

I not the best flowing plenum, but that's about the best it will get until you start going the more expensive crossflow items.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts