Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. The brake booster on my l28 has gone and brakes dont work. Would anyone have a spare one lying around? Its going to cost a fair bit to get done at a shop and you cant seem to buy the parts! Anything will do, i need to get the car back on the road really bad for work.
I think the trolls close to its last legs if this cant be fixed cheaply. Cheers matt

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
afaik, if the brake booster fails it just makes the brakes really hard to push, it doesnt stop them from working. do you mean the master cylinder (that actually pumps the fluid)? you can upgrade to brand new GQ master for ~$100.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
MK booster 2nd hand goodie should cost bugger all
All MK ones will do the trick
MQ ones have different outlets for the fixed lines,but can be modded to suit
IS it the booster or the master cylinder ???

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,295 Posts
Yeap what the said, gq master for mine was under 1 hunge, And long times since we have seen you on here, hows disco muzza

·
Registered
nissan gq
362 Posts
Hey all. The brake booster on my l28 has gone and brakes dont work. Would anyone have a spare one lying around? Its going to cost a fair bit to get done at a shop and you cant seem to buy the parts! Anything will do, i need to get the car back on the road really bad for work.
I think the trolls close to its last legs if this cant be fixed cheaply. Cheers matt

hey mate
iv got a old MQ out the back with one on it $40
korumburra

·
Registered
nissan
555 Posts
haha now i know why i saw it in pieces today!
hope it works out
i wanna go 4wd'in this weekend and was gonna ask if you wanna come

·
Registered
nissan
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers for the help fellas. Disco Muzz (the old man) pulled the rear drums off for me while i was at work, about 1mm of shoe and completely shagged drums. Went for a whole new set up and everything works fine.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Did you take the old mans Disco to work?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
651 Posts
Sorry to dig this up guys but which GQ master cylinder did you use? Theres 4 different types apparently. Wether it be ute, wagon, and drum or disc rear. I know the early utes have drum rear anyway. I'm looking at doing a rear disc conversion soon

·
Registered
nissan
1,234 Posts
the disc all round M/C is a 1 inch bore. cant tell you model,etc but i have one here with a inch bore v's drum rear is 15/16(think)
Get the GQ booster as well, supposed to be a nice upgrade too.

Im yet to get restarted on mine.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
651 Posts
Which booster lol. The wagon one is alot bigger than the ute so one would assume the wagon one would be better?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts