Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the last 48hrs My 2005 series IV has started losing power at about 3600 rpm when in 3rd and 4th gear. Not 2nd.

Example.... Entering a fwy and accelerating to get to fwy speed with a little heavy foot. It's right, it doesn't register as an error code on the ECUtalk, it simply feels like it is cutting fuel. I back off and the rpm drops back to around 2000 and then if I continue to accelerate its fine ( although by this time I'm at fwy speed)

I have a Dawes and needle, max boost is 16ish with my gauge alarm set at 18,
No boost spike alarms come up.

No exhaust temp issue ever either.

I'm just about to go pop the bonnet and have a peek, what is or could be causing the problem, where should I start?
I'll check all the hoses and valves in the Dawes and needle set up first, then where to?

Oil and filter (inc air filter) was changed about 1000km ago, fuel filter due at next change.

Sent from my my device using Jedi mind tricks

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,520 Posts
Start by cleaning and checking your MAF. Not really sure why some DI and CRD owners put some of their engine questions in here when there is a specific section for DI and CRD engines that get specific DI and CRD traffic.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,520 Posts
Try opening the needle valve a half turn. This sounds like limp mode.
That's exactly what it sounds like but if it's started all of a sudden that comes for a reason, hence the suggestion to start by cleaning the MAF.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do peeps use to clean a maf these days?

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
What do peeps use to clean a maf these days?

Supercheap sell cans of maf cleaner for under $10 last time I looked..

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anything I know before I go out and clean the MAF? No secrets tips or other learnt ideas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts