Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going away this weekend & my sub tank light is on. I put a big dent in the bottom of my tank recently but everything still worked.

Against my better judgement, we tried blocking the breather off & pressurizing the tank with air while it was still in the car to pop the dents out. It didn't work as well as we wanted so we pulled the tank out & did the same thing & tried beating the dent out from inside. However when I put it all back together my sub tank no longer switched on & shortly after the sub tank light on my dash came on & stays on.

My question is, what could we have damaged by pressurizing the fuel system so much? Or is it more likely to be electrical & if so, what? I'm flat out at work so don't have time to diagnose it myself so I'm hoping there's a simple answer.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu4 wagon
392 Posts
Disconnect battery for a few minutes and reconnect , it might reset the system

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Disconnect and go for a coffee or 2.It may be a time thing.

cheers bud

·
Registered
nissan
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, well that worked. I left it for an hr & now all good. Cheers boys, much appreciated.

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
not as easy as a battery disconnect but if u get in behind the a/c controls and unplug the fuel tank module its reset straight away

1 - 9 of 9 Posts