Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday guys i have just changed out my engine from a 2001 zd30 to a 2006 zd30 and noticed that it has no vacume tank, and there is no VNC switch meaning the vacume line comes directly off the vacume pump to the waste gate actuator is this correct???

another thing everything is running great exept wen i reach 3rd gear about 3100rpm it feels like a it dies then i remove my foot off the gas and put it back on again then its ok for another 2 or 3 hundred rpm then it happens again if you have any suggestions it will be greatly appreciated because it is very urgent need it for the weekend thank you.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
617 Posts
There is no vacuum tank in the later engines, however, the line should go through the vacuum solenoid near the air intake. If it is connected as you say, it will do maximum boost every time you put your foot down and go into limp mode.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My boost gauge gives me a reeding of 7 psi with the vacuum line hooked up to the vac pump or when it is hooked up to my solenoid valve so either way iam not getting right boost pressure on the gauge and still goes into limp mode with no fault codes it doesnt happen in 1st or 2nd gear but 3rd gear is just like iam hitting a wall as soon as it gets to 3100 rpm.

·
Registered
nissan
2,704 Posts
My boost gauge gives me a reeding of 7 psi with the vacuum line hooked up to the vac pump or when it is hooked up to my solenoid valve so either way iam not getting right boost pressure on the gauge and still goes into limp mode with no fault codes it doesnt happen in 1st or 2nd gear but 3rd gear is just like iam hitting a wall as soon as it gets to 3100 rpm.
Hi PTROLN, as hhl says, if the vacuum line is connected directly to the VNT, it will be at full boost all the time.

I would try to find out what is going on with the boost first, check that the vacuum hose if connected straight to the VNT is providing around 30HG of vacuum.

If this is good, check that the VNT arm is right up against the grub stop, if it is, has the turbo been set up incorrectly (grub set too low, does not let the turbo spin up), or is the boost gauge not reading correctly?

Another possibility is that there is a split in one of the hoses connecting to the aftercooler (or the clamps have come loose) making the boost gauge read low?

Do you have an EGT gauge, if so, does it also show higher than normal EGTs pointing to low boost?

Few things to ponder...

Cheers,
Whitie

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanx heaps whitie i will have a good look in the morning, i will remove the actuator and check if iam getting full travel of the vnt arm with the grub screw wound back. another thing i noticed is that the 2001 zd30 uses 3 temp sensors were the 2006 only uses 2 one on the drivers side (gauge) and one on the front rather then 2 on the front i have got the other one un-plugged could this be causing anything.??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.