Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, need help urgently, where is the best place to tap into for a boost gauge, I thought about drilling steel pipe above turbo , your advice please needed urgently as only have this PM to to before leaving on trip. Thanks

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Depends on your setup, the last 1 I installed we were able to put it really neatly in the line that goes to the boost compensator, and run the line to the gauge along the heater hoses. It depends on exactly where you want to read from as well. I took mine from before the intercooler, but my cooler has less than 0.5% pressure loss through it, so i'm not worried about loss through the cooler, whereas others might place it after the cooler if they have something more restrictive.

·
builder not a buyer!
nissan
2,702 Posts
Front intercooler pipe. Drill and tap. Be cautious where you put it on front pipe as you may not be able to your engine cover back on

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I used a 1/8 npt fitting with the hose adaptor on the other end...
After removing your intercooler drill and tap a 1/8 npt hole and
Tighten it up(if you have thread lock/sealant it would be better but not necessary)...
The fittings that where in the autometer box fitted perfectly over the fitting and doesn't leak...
Just make sure the fittings and tube doesn't foul with the cover...
Ps I taped my hole near the out pipe on the intercooler where it flat...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts