Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

This more of a "hope for the best" kind of scenario, but anyway here goes....

Im currently in Townsville heading south and have a shattered LHF window but glass is held together by tint and of course sticky tape :D.

I have tried all the wreckers around townsville, ayr, bowen etc with out luck.

Just wondering if on the odd chance someone is wrecking a series 2 GQ Patrol between/around Townsville to Mackay, or have a LHF window in the shed that they would like to sell.

Apparently there are 3 different LHF windows throughout the GQ models so vehicle must have electric windows.

Cheers Glen

0408 140 108

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
its not electric windows that sets the window type...
smallest: has a quarter window.
Medium: has TI electric mirrors.
Largest: Standard, manual mirrors.

I have a set of electric mirror windows (medium) in Perth which is no good to you but you may end up desperate. no scratches.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike, Thank you for clearing that up.

You've made me realise that I made an important typo.

I ment to say, vehicle must have electric mirrors, NOT electric windows as mine is an RX model with manual windows but electric mirrors.

Sounds like you have the window im after ;) and ill keep that in mind, just trying to pick up one in the area im going as its only a matter of time before it fails to pieces.

Thanks Heaps

Glen

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
go into a newsagent and buy a couple of rolls of clear COntact Book covering.
Wrap the door with it, make sure you fold the excess AROUND the door from inside to outside and vice versa, but leaving a little bit of slack for the door rubbers.
Smear the door rubbers with a bit of butter or cooking oil so they dont stick to and get ripped by the contact. once you replace the window give the rubbers a good wash to get the oily stuff off.

it will last for thousands of kms.. We did that to my mates x-trail rear door and it lasted for ages.

If you;re doin the round the block trip and you come past Perth its here anyway. I'm sure you'll find one somewhere though, just depends on the cost.

If you need to get outself out of the poo buy a sheet of lexan from bunnings and cut it to fit, it will flex and slot into the hole as a temp fix, just dont try to open it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the tips Mike, I will keep them in mind.

Its currently held together from the tint on the inside (only 18months old) and sticky tape on the outside. It does have a bit of flex but is reasonable solid at this point.

The closer I get to Brisbane the more wreckers there are. Some around mackay/rockhamton too.

The funny thing is Mike, Im doing the 'round the block trip' and was in Perth in May :D.

If no-one on here can help im sure ill get one closer to Brisbane, the Missus will just have to be in the back seat for a while ;).

Thanks Mate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts