Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like another price increase (or at least a floor) coming for the Y60, our US cousins seem keen on them.
Some exerts from Pirate:

From
RMP&O
"Not long now before it is legal to import a Y60 with the TD42!"

Query from
SteeevO
Wheeler
"Thanks good news!
Whats changing that will allow us to import them?"

RMP&O
"25yr importation rule....the Y60/GQ Patrol came out in late 1987."

RMP&O's MQ with the SD33.

Kelly Canyon20.jpg

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Don't want to burst your bubble but they'll mostly be looking for the Safaris out of Japan or older gray market Safaris imported into Canada. Too many kms and real 4x4 use from your used market Y60s.

The Yanks will have to wait a few more years for the TD4.2T.

·
Registered
Nissan
797 Posts
Other than the fact that most Americans prefer LHD....

If I ever have to move back to the US, I hope I will be able to import my (LHD) Troll with me.

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Other than the fact that most Americans prefer LHD....

If I ever have to move back to the US, I hope I will be able to import my (LHD) Troll with me.
Actually, in the US, there is a healthy market for RHDs and people seem to be more open minded to them. Jeep sells new RHD vehicles in the US and Canada to folks who have contracts to do postal, newspaper and flier deliveries. In Canada, every once in a while I run into people who claim that RHDs are dangerous. I live about 5 minutes from the border and am down in Washington State fairly often. In the US all I get are friendly inquiries on where they can buy one or comments on how cool the Safari is. I once had a service station owner come running out offering to buy my Safari right on the spot. Armed forces personnel get quite excited to see a Nissan Safari, as many of them have seen them while serving overseas and a few have actually driven them.

·
Registered
Nissan
797 Posts
Really? In 30 years living in the US I'd never seen or heard of a RHD vehicle, other than delivery vehicles. I live and learn.

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,552 Posts
Don't want to burst your bubble but they'll mostly be looking for the Safaris out of Japan or older gray market Safaris imported into Canada. Too many kms and real 4x4 use from your used market Y60s.
They'd be better off looking for them in the middle east. They've been buying them up by the shiploads for years. Keep ya hands off our Patrols :p

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
They'd be better off looking for them in the middle east. They've been buying them up by the shiploads for years. Keep ya hands off our Patrols :p
Hey Sudso, haven't you seen those utube vids of how they drive Patrols? I wouldn't buy one from there even if it was driven by a little old lady only to the mosque every day. Actually, quite a while ago there was a nice armoured Safari that was up on Ebay Australia from the Middle East. I was seriously thinking about it. It sported 3cm thick windows and one with a bullet star to prove that it had seen action. I think it went for just a little over $3000. If I remember right, there was some issue about getting it registered in Australia.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts