Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, I'm looking at installing some USB outlets in the patrol to charge the kids iPads,iPods and my phone. I'm looking at the baintech 5w 1amp out put and the narva 5w 2.5amp out put. So which one will charge the iPads the best. Cheers Darren.

·
Registered
nissan gu
12 Posts
Hey fellas, I'm looking at installing some USB outlets in the patrol to charge the kids iPads,iPods and my phone. I'm looking at the baintech 5w 1amp out put and the narva 5w 2.5amp out put. So which one will charge the iPads the best. Cheers Darren.
I am currently running both brands and cannot notice any difference in charging times. Grandson can charge his IPod and phone at same time. They are both wired the same

·
Registered
nissan
16 Posts
On the charger that comes with iPad in the little writing on the base it's says 10w and on the iphone it's a 5w if I try and charge my iPad with the 5w it takes forever, and I charge my iphone with the 10w and it smashes it. So the correct wattage ampage matters

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
411 Posts
The 2.5 amp will charge the ipad quicker. Both are 5v (usb standard) however the baintech will put out 5w as mentioned but the narva will put out 12.5w. Baintech also make a 2 amp (10w) socket.

I haven't however seen a usb socket that has 2x 2 amp (10w sockets).

Cheers,
Nic

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
Those Narva's look the goods, i've just bought 2 off ebay.

·
Registered
nissan
508 Posts
I've got a pair of the narva ones. I've mounted one in the front where one of the factory cig sockets was and a mounted another on the rear of the centre console for the kids. I've wired both of them so they run from the factory socket wiring but also through an on/on switch to the second battery permanent power so we can switch over to the second battery and leave things charging after we've exited the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts