Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where dose every one keep there spare on the ute i dont want it to take up my whole tray was thinking of cutting a hole up the back of the tray neer the cab and sit it down in there so it sits half above the tray and half under so i can still see out the rear and dose not take up any space
thorts/ideas? on where i can put it

·
Registered
nissan
777 Posts
Do a tray lift and it will slide in an sit on the chassis, well at least mine does!

·
Registered
Nissan
527 Posts
Thats a good idea lowering it..

I just bolt it to the headboard but a hole is good i have seen a few done..

Under tray is good but the tray gets high & i like many others have a large ubder tray box taking that room.

·
Registered
nissan
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i cant put it under tray because the tray is cut shorter so will stick out the back a bit and yer i also want a draw under there so might sit to high n look funnyy

·
Registered
nissan
82 Posts
Whatever you decide post up some pics!
Mine is on the headboard on the drivers side, i had a second one on the passanger side as well but it created a massive blind spot so i just left it in the shed. You dont notice the blind spot behind the driver as much.

·
Registered
Nissan
795 Posts
the pic is of an old set up still gave you heaps of room...sorry it is a bit dodgy but 5 min on paint is less than 10000 words to describe. worked really well did not have to unpack entire ute if you had a flat.

currently both are up against the head of the truck but have got some cut section at the rear..the sec pic excuse the dodgyness

Hope this helpsish...

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh yer i see yer that would not be a bad idea and would look good with two tyres will have to have a look tomorow
cheers

·
Registered
Nissan
795 Posts
will get some pics tomorrow if you like at work at the moment and put them up so you can see what i am talking about..

·
Registered
nissan
442 Posts
I have 2 mounted straight behind drivers side. Can't even see them in mirror. They are mounted side by side perpendicular to rear window with a piece of Uni strut in middle of the two bolted from floor of tray extending up and a t piece going to front of tray near back window as extra support Just used a piece of threaded rod going through one tyre then through Uni strut then through other tyre with flat bar and nut up each end.

Sorry it's long winded but still having trouble trying to get photos up on here.

·
Registered
nissan
41 Posts
ive got mine sunken in the rear [assenger side of the tray, ive got pics in my garage if you wanna check it out.

·
Registered
490 Posts
The best style i've seen are from Mt Isa, the spares have their own cage at the headboard and is sucken to chassis level, allowing you to see over them from the mirror or over your shoulder.

Here's some pics, excuse the obvious

1 - 12 of 12 Posts