Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan GQ
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying 1 of 2 of your modified trucks from car yards in WA, my question is will I have any trouble registering it here in QLD? Also what fuel ecconomy/consumption should I expect, as I'm upgrading from an old 89 GQ TB42 which if I'm lucky I can get 400K's out of the 95LTR tank

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
Haven't you already covered fuel consumption in another thread?

Cheers

Justin

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
If they're pre-2007, can't see why there would be a problem in registering them in QLD considering there is already a heap of them there.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,047 Posts
My 2008 is registered in Qld, engineered and blue plated. Insured as well. It's all legal.

·
Registered
nissan
1,426 Posts
Make it easy for yourself Go and talk to a Qld engineer before you buy the car ask him what needs to be done , what the car needs to have before it can get a mod plate then make sure the car you buy will meet the requirements
I have a 2006 cab chassis with a Brunswick fully engineered no problems have insurance through shannons all is good
Do your own homework to make it work

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,047 Posts
I had mine transported to Brunswick from Brisbane, flew over and drove it home. Found an Engineer near Bundaburg (closest one to me). Made an appointment with him, drove there and saw him. He had a look at the paperwork that was supplied by Greg, went out and looked the vehicle over. Started it to see if it was too loud. Commented at the professionalism of the implant. We went inside, had a cuppa, he filled out the paper work and the mod plate, he laminated the paperwork as it must be in the vehicle every time you drive it. I went to Motor Registry ( or what ever they call themselves), changed the details. Been registered twice since with no problems. Never been pulled up by police. Changed the details with my insurance company, a few phone callers and emails of documents and insurance is covered. Premium only went up $60. A big hint with insurance, when you ring ask to speak with a supervisor, they have the authority to make decisions or the links to the people who can. Hope this helps. :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts