Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this tube that I presume has something to do with the vacuum system but really no idea other than its attached to a sensor on the lefthand side of the engine as if you are looking at the front of the car.

see piccies attached show me in the first picture holding the pipe up the second and third pictures show the sensor in the middle under the inlet manifold. there is also an electrical sensor right next to it too... I'll see if I can get a better picture

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
in the third picture the 'tie wrap' that is attached to the earth lead is conveniently pointing to the sensor :) the picture above it is a closeup of the sensor..pipe enters in the lower portion and wires in the upper side.

·
Registered
782 Posts
The electrical device appears to be the oil pressure sender.
The open rubber tube is just the is just the atmospheric side (or vent) of the sensor.

The original sensors did not have that vent tube, and I beleive had a high failure rate.
That's what I got when I replaced mine.

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,785 Posts
The electrical device appears to be the oil pressure sender.
The open rubber tube is just the is just the atmospheric side (or vent) of the sensor.

The original sensors did not have that vent tube, and I beleive had a high failure rate.
That's what I got when I replaced mine.
x2

When you order a new sending unit from Nissan you get the new style with the tube.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts