Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan gu 4.2tdi 2003
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, Just checking my Glow Plugs, untouched from new only (Gu 2003. 467,000ks) 1 working and that one took forever to glow and thanks to everyone who replied to my post about glow plugs a while back, very helpful. They all came out easily, no corrosion on them at all so i have just ordered a new set of 6 NGK. So when the intercooler was off, i found a lot of perished vacuum hoses, they measure a smidge over 3mm, probably 1/8" knowing the Japanese and 7.4mm OD. All the local parts stores sell it but i just came across silicone vacuum hoses, are the any better or just go for a good quality branded rubber hose. Thanks in anticipation. Regards, Michael

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,767 Posts
Hi Guys, Just checking my Glow Plugs, untouched from new only (Gu 2003. 467,000ks) 1 working and that one took forever to glow and thanks to everyone who replied to my post about glow plugs a while back, very helpful. They all came out easily, no corrosion on them at all so i have just ordered a new set of 6 NGK. So when the intercooler was off, i found a lot of perished vacuum hoses, they measure a smidge over 3mm, probably 1/8" knowing the Japanese and 7.4mm OD. All the local parts stores sell it but i just came across silicone vacuum hoses, are the any better or just go for a good quality branded rubber hose. Thanks in anticipation. Regards, Michael
I use vacuum quality silicone hose on my DI, no issues, works fine and handles the heat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts