Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
is there anything i can test to see if i have good vaccum, because my turbo actuator arm isnt moving up and down, ive check all the vacuum hoses and are fine.
Also does anyone have a picture of the hoses going in the vacuum solenoid next to the airbox (maybe the hoses are reversed but copied the hoses layout from my mates patrol)
thanks

·
Registered
NISSAN PATROL Y61 3.0 Di (ZD30) 09/2000
1,174 Posts
all in the Nissan doc mate.
White Human body Organism Font Art

Head Hand Arm Human body Slope

If you replaced the hoses, make sure you replaced ALL of them, including the tiny bits underneath the IC, and also the ones from the vacuum pump itsef (two).

Motor on, the vacuum pump creates a -950mbar vacuum. So if you put you hand close to the hose coming from underneath the IC towards the Solenoid, it sucks. You can't miss.

If you connect that hose directly to the actuator, the rod will go fully up. ( and fully down when unplugged).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all in the Nissan doc mate.
View attachment 535751

View attachment 535752

If you replaced the hoses, make sure you replaced ALL of them, including the tiny bits underneath the IC, and also the ones from the vacuum pump itsef (two).

Motor on, the vacuum pump creates a -950mbar vacuum. So if you put you hand close to the hose coming from underneath the IC towards the Solenoid, it sucks. You can't miss.

If you connect that hose directly to the actuator, the rod will go fully up. ( and fully down when unplugged).
do you have a picture on which i hose i have to remove and connect to the actuator?

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y-61
973 Posts
I think your turbine control unit burned out, we often have

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,611 Posts
I have a cheap vacuum gauge that I can easily attach to the vacuum pump line and test, actually did it yesterday and it came up with 28"Hg, to lift the arm on the VNT it takes around 13"Hg. Another very simple test is to disconnect the vacuum line to the VNT, push another bit of tubing onto the connection and suck like crazy, you should be able to generate 18-20"Hg by mouth, more than enough to lift the arm. I have seen turbo's that have had heavy soot deposits on the vanes and the shaft seizing them therefore stopping or slowing movement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts