Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
GU IV 4.2
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well been on here a while now so thought it was about time to start one of these up.

Bought the Mav Easter '09. An '88 TD42 Poverty Pack with about 407,000k's, pretty well standard with only aftermarket CD player, alloy bullbar, little Narva spotties and dual batteries. Had Khumo A/T's on set of alloys and 30mm coil spacers in the rear as well as extractors and 2 1/2" exhaust.

Since then had a little bit of work done on it, replaced alternator, starter motor, Xtreme Outback clutch, second hand gear box, rebuilt swivel hubs with new seals and bearings while there replaced the cv's, wheel bearings, discs and pads. Also re-done the rear brakes with new drums, shoes and cylinders. All work done by me and a mate from work, big thanks to him, saved me ALOT of $$$ in labour costs.

These are the only photo's I have of what it was like when I first bought it. Pretty bad quality(Mobile phone photo's)
2.jpg
1.jpg

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
now that, thats not a night i want to re-live!

bogged in like quicksand @ 7:30pm.
spent till like 2am trying to recover it ourselves, with no luck.
about 5 meters behind the mav, solid sand,
about 3 meters infront of the mav, solid sand...
and do you think we could get it there?

didnt get to see the recovery the next morning, had to work!

·
Registered
GU IV 4.2
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nissan Kid: Yeah got some updated pics on the way just working on them.Since those photos its got; snorkel, 3"lift, 33" KM2's, Uhf and bigger spotties. Will get the pics up soon. Future mods hopefully include home made rear drawers, HID lighting, front locker and new bullbar. When funds allow of course.

Midi: Yep well and truly stuck, I'm about 6'1 so shows how far it's sunk down. Happened at about 8pm and we were there till about 2am trying to get it out. Ended up leaving it there over night and walked back into town to get a ride home. Where it is in that pic is now well and truly under water.

OSH: Yeah good time's. Haven't been bogged like that for a while!

·
Registered
GU IV 4.2
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Couple more pics. Swapped the rectangle Narva's for some IPF 900's that I had in the shed and also have the snorkel fitted in these pics plus the side steps.
3.jpg
4.jpg

·
Registered
GU IV 4.2
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Few other mods I've done since I got it, fitted a remote central locking kit because I got sick of having to put the key in the drivers door then reach through to unlock all the other doors. Was fairly simple job just time consuming. Fitted GME TX3200 UHF which I had in the shed from previous car.
8.jpg
Photo of it in current location. Will probably end up mounting it in the ashtray slot at some stage and put a DIN pocket under CD player.

Am currently half way through fitting aftermarket mechanical oil pressure and water temp gauges as the factory one aren't reliable at the best of times. Will get some pics of that when finished.

·
Registered
GU IV 4.2
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Couple of photo's of Patrol4X4 Stickers i got off Shavedtoy, did a real good job of them, good quality and look great
14.jpg
13.jpg

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
1,045 Posts
Funky bar mate,are they speed holes in the uprights...
How did u get unstuck. U did a good job of getting it stuck.top work mate.

·
Registered
GU IV 4.2
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Funky bar mate,are they speed holes in the uprights...
How did u get unstuck. U did a good job of getting it stuck.top work mate.
Yeh bit different looking. It's a Tristar made in NT, pretty solid for an ally bar. If they are speed holes they're definatly not doing their job very well. It didn't take much effort to get it stuck, was nice firm sand then bang, sunk down to sills. Wasn't so easy to get out, had a guy come out in a 4.2 turbo GQ tried winching me out but was going no where. Ended up getting the snatch out and that still took alot of work to get it out. Try to dig the wheels out a bit but sand would just fall straight back in the holes

·
Registered
nissan gu 4.5 patrol
101 Posts
I know how ya feel, went for a cruise 1 night drove onto a half dried up lakebed, instant sink to the sidesteps, tried to dig it out for a few hours, had to call the mother in law cos all mates were away or on the cans, picked up about 2 in the morn, back to my mates house who was with me to grab his patrol, back out to were we left the bogged gq and proceeded to use the snatch strap for the next 2 hours, finally plucked it out and headed home for some sleep, I think I hit the pillow about 5.00, so much for a quick drive check out a new spot hahah all good fun

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
1,045 Posts
At least it wasn't tidal
Yeah I'm in the need of some speed holes aswell, but with the amount I would need to do, there would be no more patrol.lol.

Everyone has to have a story like that.makes us wiser. Great story at pub to reminesce with mates.

·
Registered
GU IV 4.2
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah good story to tell. Few weeks later similar thing happened, had a bit of rain earlier one day so went out for bit of fun that night. Found a big clay pan in between some sand dunes, got nearly half way across and started to get too wet. Tried to turn around and that was the end of it, just had no traction. Was about 10pm at the time, then to make things worse starts pissing down with rain. Ended up leaving the car overnight again walked back into town in the rain then got a mate to come pick us up.

·
Registered
GU IV 4.2
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wasn't bogged down too far this time. Just sloppy clay and couldn't get traction. About 100 meters either way to firm ground
15.jpg

·
Registered
GU IV 4.2
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fitted some of JET6's interior lights. Huge improvement over standard. Picture's really don't do them any justice. Pretty crap pic quality, dont really know how to get a good shot of them
21.jpg
22.jpg
Very bright and lights up everywhere, don't have to worry about loosing stuff at night now

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,092 Posts
looks good mate! how do the 35s go with 3" lift?

·
Registered
GU IV 4.2
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cheers Finchy. They don't go too bad. Catch on the stock plastic flares, so good excuse to get some rubber flares. Few flex pics with them. Not the greatest but they're all I got at the moment
23.jpg
24.jpg

·
Registered
GU IV 4.2
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK list of mods on car so far:
•3" lift
•33" BFG KM2's
•Remote central locking
•IPF 900's
•After market oil pressure and water temp gauges
•Dual batteries
•2½ Exhaust + extractors
•Snorkel
•GME tx 3200
•CD player
•LED interior lights

List of stuff still want to do:
•Set of 15x8 black sunnies
•New set of 35's(not sure which ones yet, probably KM2's again)
•55w HID headlights + 70w HID spotlight upgrades(hopefully recieve them Monday)
•More comfy seats
•Rear work light/reverse lights
•Window tint
•Some form of storage in the rear
•Steel bullbar
•Finish endless-air setup
•Front locker

Some before and after shots

From this
30.jpg
29.jpg
28.jpg