Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Nissan Patrol Y61 LWB Auto ZD30 Di
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Can you guys share some experience with either? I am contemplating the job and do not know which way to go. Those brand self adhesive sheets are very expensive but users report very good results.

Can you recommend any polyurea products fit for the job?

I also heard some guys having used roofing sealing tape and are also very pleased with the results.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,307 Posts
There are a couple of threads on soundproofing from over the years, try doing a search on sound proofing and see what comes up, I know @geordie4x4 did his a while back.

·
Registered
2002 Nissan Patrol Y61 LWB Auto ZD30 Di
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ross, i went through those but couldn't find anything on polyurea stuff. Soundproofing is only the second goal, vibration and anti corrosion are top priority.

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Thanks Ross, i went through those but couldn't find anything on polyurea stuff. Soundproofing is only the second goal, vibration and anti corrosion are top priority.
Polyurea coating like Line X is pretty expensive if it is just to insulate and soundproof the floor. You could get onto them and ask what they recommend for the purposes you are after.

There are other options for like Lizard skin brand do a sound deadening coating and a ceramic bead heatproof coating. I think Car Builders sell these, they are really good insulation products.

·
Registered
nissan gq
1,798 Posts
Hi All,

Can you guys share some experience with either? I am contemplating the job and do not know which way to go. Those brand self adhesive sheets are very expensive but users report very good results.

Can you recommend any polyurea products fit for the job?

I also heard some guys having used roofing sealing tape and are also very pleased with the results.

Thanks.
We did a total refurb,and used sheets of self adhesive foam,[ no,not cheap,but you get what you pay for ] did the roof,inside doors,quarter panels,firewall,the change is dramatic,quieter and the doors close like a RR,worth the cost and effort IMO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts