Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
11,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

well after what will be 11 months of busting me arse renoing the new house me and the handbrake have decided to take 2 weeks off for a holiday down south. we are heading to melboure first week in october. looking to leave probably the wednesday morning sparrows fart and head to the high country for approx 5 days. then roll into bathurst for the v8s hopefully tuesday night which gives kinda 6 days in the high country.

just trying to start to get the ball rolling with a travel plan thru the national parks and what not so looking for tips, recommendations, sites to see and anything else you can or wish to share.

will be driving twin locked shortie gq with camper trailer behind. dont mind taking on fairly serious tracks with the trailer if its worth it.

so please any feedback greatly appreciated especially from those down south who spend a lot of time in the area
cheers all

·
Registered
Nissan
157 Posts
Hi benos vic high country in October isn't ideal as most of the tacks are closed until Melbourne cup weekend. But if that's the only dates you have to work with well that's all you can do. I'm fairly sure billy goats is still open all year and is a good track with fantastic views up the top. Not the best track to tow a camper on but you should be fine. Plenty of camping all through that area along the wonnangatta river. Around dargo and into talbotville is nice but pretty basic diving. Couple of little tacks around there. Where ever you end up going in sure you will have a ball nothing beats just getting out there.

·
Registered
Nissan
157 Posts
Sorry not sure how to put a link up maybe someone could help me. But have a look on park web.vic.gov.au click on safety up top. Than closures and conditions and you should be able to go to seasonal closures than and it has all the maps of the closed tracks. Hope this makes sense and helps.

·
Registered
nissan
11,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah since we set these dates i have sort of realised that its mostly closed off. might have to look at revisiting them dates and see what we can make work at either a later date or go somewhere else.
thanks all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts