Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am moving to Vic (point cook) in a week and we are taking my GU and the missus' getz.

Can anyone tell me if its cheaper to register cars in Vic than QLD? Or roughly how much for 6 cyl rego... If its more ill try keep them rego'd in QLD for as long as possible

Also do you have to get your cars roadworthy done once a year or 2 like NSW? or is it like qld where you only get a rwc when you change rego etc.

How strict is Vic Roads and police with lift and tyre sizes?

Cheers

-Pete

·
Registered
nissan
126 Posts
How much does it cost to rego a car in QLD?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,364 Posts
not true gqswb4.2 the girl and i both recieved our regos last week, mine was $518 for the ute and hers is $577. she drives a 03 model and mine is a 99 model. we also recieved the rego renewal for her old car we're trying to sell and it is $550ish. all cars are registered at the same address too

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
The rego is affected by where you live.

I was paying around $580 in Hoppers crossing.

You only need a Road worthy when you purchase a vehicle, not sure if you are transferring from interstate.

Lift / Tyres - some guys have had a hard time - my vehicle is lifted but still within spec 50mm - Never been pulled over by the boys in blue or vicroads.

·
Registered
Nissan
221 Posts
The rego is affected by where you live.

I was paying around $580 in Hoppers crossing.

You only need a Road worthy when you purchase a vehicle, not sure if you are transferring from interstate.

Lift / Tyres - some guys have had a hard time - my vehicle is lifted but still within spec 50mm - Never been pulled over by the boys in blue or vicroads.
Like MK tank said, it's just when you purchase the vehicle you need a roadworthy.

I live in north east Victoria n paid my rego last week. $526 all up. How much is it in QLD?

As for strictness, I run 2" suspension and a body lift and have never been pulled over.

Good luck with the move

·
Registered
Nissan
2,121 Posts
If you transfer from interstate, you'll need a Roadworthy before they'll give you a set of Vic plates. Been through that a few times over the years.

Legally need to change rego after 3 months.

Lots of test places around, most very reasonable. Get the certificate, fill out the rego papers at your nearest Vicroads office, hand over your money and bingo! - nice shiny new plates! And no more roadworthies as long as you own the vehicle - unless you screw up and get pulled over.

And the rego costs quoted above include your Compulsory Third Party, unlike NSW where you arrange that separately. That's why you pay different rates in different areas. (Not sure about Qld)

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
QLD rego
$1,000 V8
$800 ish for a 6

Depends how long your moving interstate for
Short term, month or so
OR
Long term year or more

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,286 Posts
Yeah I pay $526 i think, cops never looked at me, and i'm running 35's with a 2+2 lift and a 3"zorst with no mufflers. pretty good down here.
Live in the city your rego goes up, as well as your insurance,
Live in country and it goes down .

Depending on your mods you may have to change some back to standard, Like If you have 6" lift with 3" body blocks and 37" tyres, body lift paint the blocks black, 35's will pass 9 times out of 10 as long as theres legal tread

·
Registered
nissan patrol
587 Posts
$526, mine's due this month :eviltong:

Not 100% sure, but i'd say you will need a roadworth certificate to transfer from QLD to VIC rego.

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
$577.90 for Rego in Hoppers Crossing, Next door to Point Cook.
RWC is needed any time the vehicle is Transfered, or untill you get pulled over and done for an unroadworthy vehicle.

·
Registered
nissan
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for your help. Im only running 4" springs and 33's on the GU so it should be fine.. They are getting picky in brisbane about it now, id rather run 6" and 35's i was hoping they would be more easy going down there hahaha...

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
oztrucker84 said:
Thanks for your help. Im only running 4" springs and 33's on the GU so it should be fine
Theres a chance you will require engineers cert for the 4in lift.

Smack took a GQ he bought in Sydney to Vicroads not long ago and they gave him grief about it.. but again, it would depend on the person, the Vicroads branch and the day. My brand new camper I had to book in for inspection, they didnt even check the lights.

·
Registered
nissan
117 Posts
I live about 20km from the city and pay around $618 (as previously suggested) but the price does drop if you move out. I'd say you be paying less but not by much. Price depending on engine size, well that doesn't happen here!
Took my suzuki sierra to get roadworthy before I sold it (1yr ago) & it had 35inch BFG Krawlers, 2inch body lift, modified suspension, customer power steering setup, disc brakes all round... the list goes on. I got picked up on:
handbrake not working
a mark in the windscreen
& window washer not spraying.

All I can say is welcome to paradise!
Police are good just make a valid attempt in cleaning your car after wheeling ie clean indicators, rego plate, headlights & windows and they'll let you be (9yrs+ running & no run in with the law YET)
(Disclaimer: there are some very pickie testers out there just do your research!!!)

·
Right Turn Clyde
nissan patrol
1,052 Posts
Moved from the Gold Coast to Melbourne 2 yrs ago, kept the Qld plates for about 6 months then swapped for Vic rego.

I didn't need a roadworthy as it was being kept in my name, didn't even need to look at the vehicle. Did my wifes car also 2 months earlier, same deal.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
the price depends on how many seats and area. not cylenders.

a passenger car ( more then 3 seats)
or Ute (3 or less seats)
and resedentual, industrial or farming zone.

my 2 seat patrol is 516 and the missus lancer is 600

·
Registered
Nissan
1 Posts
Hey all. Can anyone recommend me a mechanic in melbourne for a roadworthy? My hilux has a two inch body lift, two inch suspension and 31 inch tyres. The guy i took it to the other day said it needs an engineers certificate for the bodylift and the tyres are too big and need to be smaller. If any one knows a mechanic thats realistic or a good place to get an engineers cert can you please PM me?

Thanks, Matt

1 - 20 of 20 Posts