Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the voting krap this morning and came face to face with why we get the politicians we deserve. This year, every voter received a letter in the mail, with a tear out section with their name that they could hand over to the polling officer to make the name search easier, and the letter advised exactly what district they had to vote in and where every polling booth for that district was located.

Did that make any difference? Nope! There were still so many lost souls abjectly confused as to why they couldn't vote at this particular polling booth. Life is so difficult for some. Also, tried to pick up the Liberal voting sheet at the gate and was advised that it was illegal to hand them out until 8:00 am. Went into the school grounds and Labor and the Greens were handing out their voting sheets to all and sundry and with around 50+ people already lined up to vote, had been issuing them for some time. Surprise, surprise!

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
A Gillard and Brumby goverment with a sickening dose of "green" thrown in....The stuff of nightmares.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,231 Posts
Pahaha, what polling booth was it? I was at Yarra Junction Primary School and there was queue going down the road almost and only 2 electoral officers marking off names.

·
nissan
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pahaha, what polling booth was it? I was at Yarra Junction Primary School and there was queue going down the road almost and only 2 electoral officers marking off names.
Unfortunately, I belong to the Altona district (where everyone love Joolia) and they'd be better off having the polling booths at the local Maccas so that the numb nuts would understand.:angryfir:

Cheers

Ray

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,231 Posts
Unfortunately, I belong to the Altona district (where everyone love Joolia) and they'd be better off having the polling booths at the local Maccas so that the numb nuts would understand.:angryfir:

Cheers

Ray
Maccas? Why not Centrelink?
I hate when people vote for the local/popular face, when you do that, you might as well just put in a donkey vote as your a dckhead and your just wreaking it for the rest of us who actually understand (to a degree) what PARTY we are voting for.

·
nissan
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Modern elections are usually only a popularity contest. Whoever the media want to win, will - See the Rudd Result few years ago...

Why not make it a reality show, the kiddies could all SMS their vote in.

My issue is that there is still nobody worthy of my vote - state or federal.

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
Modern elections are usually only a popularity contest. Whoever the media want to win.

My issue is that there is still nobody worthy of my vote - state or federal.
Here here.

I think there should be another box on all ballot papers that allows you to legitimately choose not to vote and those votes should be counted.

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Looks like an upset :)

NSW has already fallen (when the rail unions are already negotiating next years EBA with the oposition transport spokesman its night night nurse).

The ****ing **** **** mole **** up here cant be put through a tree mulcher soon enough

·
Registered
338 Posts

Cheers

Ray
Yeah I know what you are saying about the numb nuts . . .but tell me again how the Victorian election is in the General Patrol Discussin section. :confused:
truck

·
nissan
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I know what you are saying about the numb nuts . . .but tell me again how the Victorian election is in the General Patrol Discussin section. :confused:
truck
Looks like when I went to select General Discussion, I hit the wrong button. Sometimes when I scroll down with the mouse, the page flicks back up again and that's probably why I clicked on the wrong section. :sorry: Maybe these sections need to be renamed?

Cheers

Ray

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Looks like when I went to select General Discussion, I hit the wrong button. Sometimes when I scroll down with the mouse, the page flicks back up again and that's probably why I clicked on the wrong section. :sorry: Maybe these sections need to be renamed?

Cheers

Ray

I mentioned this a while ago... and i think Linc was thinking about it. But it hasn't eventuated... And what is with that flicking thing.

Oh, and your election. My condolances either way... Move to QLD. We at least have some summe to go with our politicians.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Looks like when I went to select General Discussion, I hit the wrong button.
Now I understand why you needed a piece of paper to explain how you should cast your vote ;)

·
Registered
nissan
65 Posts
^ lol

I have never used how-to-vote cards and never will. I don't understand why so many people follow exactly what their chosen political party tell them to.

And also why people believe and support everything their political party says as if its gospel. They are all full of *****.

·
Registered
196 Posts

Cheers

Ray
Lets put it to the vote .....................:wink:

·
Registered
nissan
65 Posts
Looks like an upset :)

NSW has already fallen (when the rail unions are already negotiating next years EBA with the oposition transport spokesman its night night nurse).

The ****ing **** **** mole **** up here cant be put through a tree mulcher soon enough
Don't know if upset is the right term as it was expected to be close.

NSW is a good example of what is wrong with politics in this country. NSW Labor hasn't been particularly popular or effective but has stayed in so long due to the lack of any competent opposition. There is no real choice at election time.

As I said they are all full of ****!

·
nissan
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Since I only ever vote for a party, not individuals, I like to know the preferred options for the party of choice, otherwise I might inadvertently give a Green a vote. Those sneaky buggers hide everywhere.

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Since I only ever vote for a party, not individuals, I like to know the preferred options for the party of choice, otherwise I might inadvertently give a Green a vote. Those sneaky buggers hide everywhere.

Cheers

Ray
He He, I know what you mean about the green vote.
The voting cards where doing exactly that way though, putting the greens as your second vote to minimise competition between the two major parties.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts