Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1988 MK260 SD33T
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1988 260 and I can't seem to match up my vin to any of the pre existing threads.
Hoping there's a guru here that can help me out.
As far as I know it's spent its whole life in Italy.
Any help is appreciated!

Motor vehicle Font Wood Gas Signage

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,278 Posts
The 260s are the odd ones out in the Patrol lineage.
Strangely there are no service manuals or parts catalogues from Nissan that even mention the 260.

Maybe that is a result of 260s being built by Motor Iberica, but they are owned by Nissan, and manufacture Nissan vehicles. So that doesn't make sense to me.

Unfortunately that doesn't really answer any questions...

·
Registered
1988 MK260 SD33T
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 260s are the odd ones out in the Patrol lineage.
Strangely there are no service manuals or parts catalogues from Nissan that even mention the 260.

Maybe that is a result of 260s being built by Motor Iberica, but they are owned by Nissan, and manufacture Nissan vehicles. So that doesn't make sense to me.

Unfortunately that doesn't really answer any questions...
That definitely seems like the trend I'm seeing. I downloaded all the service manuals I found on the sticky but can't find anything specifically for my truck.
Hope I can dig some more and get some good info.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The Patrols made in Spain by Motor Iberica have a VIN that starts with VSK0. Although the VIN mentions 260, it actually is a 160. I believe to make a difference with the Japanese built 160, they used 260, VSK0 reffers to the Spanish factory. Most of the parts are equal to the 160-model (MQ/MK) and not the later 260-model with the 2.8 engine. There are some minor differences in the wire-loom and connectors (factory 12v converter eg), LSD in the rear-axle,...
I also own a Spanish build Patrol and I use the manuals etc for the 160, found through this forum. For ordering parts, I search by model specifications and not by VIN. You can use Euro 4x4 parts to order parts, one of the few webshops that actually make a difference between the 160, VSK0260 and the later 260. You can find some more information on the French forum www.patrol-gr.net. There you can find (bits of) manuals especially for the VSK0260 but they are in Spanish are Portugese or French. I tried to figure it out myself but gave up 😄.

to answer your question
V: export
S:built in Spain
K: Nissan Motor Iberica
T: hardtop without rear seat
R: SD33T engine
260: model type

·
Registered
1988 MK260 SD33T
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Patrols made in Spain by Motor Iberica have a VIN that starts with VSK0. Although the VIN mentions 260, it actually is a 160. I believe to make a difference with the Japanese built 160, they used 260, VSK0 reffers to the Spanish factory. Most of the parts are equal to the 160-model (MQ/MK) and not the later 260-model with the 2.8 engine. There are some minor differences in the wire-loom and connectors (factory 12v converter eg), LSD in the rear-axle,...
I also own a Spanish build Patrol and I use the manuals etc for the 160, found through this forum. For ordering parts, I search by model specifications and not by VIN. You can use Euro 4x4 parts to order parts, one of the few webshops that actually make a difference between the 160, VSK0260 and the later 260. You can find some more information on the French forum www.patrol-gr.net. There you can find (bits of) manuals especially for the VSK0260 but they are in Spanish are Portugese or French. I tried to figure it out myself but gave up 😄.

to answer your question
V: export
S:built in Spain
K: Nissan Motor Iberica
T: hardtop without rear seat
R: SD33T engine
260: model type
Awesome! Great resources. :D
Do you happen to know what the other numbers above and below the VIN are?

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
3,296 Posts
Awesome! Great resources. :D
Do you happen to know what the other numbers above and below the VIN are?
GVM = 2450kg
GCM = 4350kg
Front axle capacity = 1300kg
Rear axle capacity = 1550kg

Not sure about the number at the top, but I'm guessing it's a model type, so it defines the engine type as well as trim level for the vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts