Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its been done before, but taking into account these prices, may give a different response!
I can get the latest vms 8inch unit for $399 brand new from a shop,(last one) or
the latest hema 7inch unit for $699, brand new.

the guy in the shop said that the vms can have issues and if you bring it back, they send it off and when it comes back, it may still have the problem! If the hema has a problem, you bring it back and they give you a new one and send the faulty one back to hema!
BUT...... he said "for $399 it may be worth having a punt and see how it goes".
the other issue is that i had a brief play with oziexplorer years ago(8 years ago) and found it difficult to use and very complicated! (dont know if that has changed?)

any ideas or experience with either or both???

thanks guys,
Shannon

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,734 Posts
In have a hema hn7 ($590) and like it so far although haven't worked it out fully by any stretch

·
Registered
nissan patrol
329 Posts
I went through the same process. After playing with both I just didn't like the interface of the vms. I ended up getting the hema hn5i. The oziexplorer is quite technical and does take some time to get used to however hema have videos on their support page to help you through everything. I have used their support a few times with upgrade issues and they were excellent. Hema also run class's in Brisbane on how to use it.

We often use it to just explore random local areas and it's amazing how accurate it is and how often we get lost and this makes it so easy to find your way out

Although it's an expensive gps, I rekon they're awesome and haven't regretted the purchase. Try getting a deal from rays out doors, when I asked them how much they'd do one for just as matter of interest, it shocked me how much they offered it to me for

Hope that helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts