Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently replaced my laptop with a you beaut one, I did this just before christmas and since I work in Sydney but live in Vic I thought I would get mobile broadband to keep in touch with the wife and little one. I dont know heaps about computers but since I was at the airport and needed it in a hurry the Vodafone bloke had me sold.
I went on a year contract for 3Gig a month, that would be great if it actually worked anywhere................ I am now two months in and I have only been able to log on somtimes in the CBD.
Facebook- forget it simply wont load

I cant even stay on the net long enough to find out about the apparent class action against Vodafone. What are my chances of taking the lot back ie the usb modem and contract and asking them to terminate the stupid thing.

They assured me that coverage is "better" than Optus but my wife has no probs with optus up in the hills but im stuck with this lemon.

Any thoughts on Vodafone??:-(

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Dont even start me on voda fckn fail.

Middle of the flood evacuation on tuesday trying to get **** organised at work and vodafone goes dead and stays out till the middle of the afternoon.

·
Registered
nissan
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Benno,
did you escape the path of the floods? hope everything is ok.
I moved to Kinglake to be safe from floods, LOL mother nature has thrown some crazy sh*t at us over the last few years hey?

·
Registered
nissan
1,482 Posts
Sounds to me like it's "not fit for purpose" under the Trade Practices Act to me.

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Yeah mate home is high and dry over at shorncliffe on the north side of brisbane. Work is in at Bowen Hills right on breakfast creek and it was certainly a case of sand bagging the place moving everything high, clearing the site of everything and rigging pumps in the servicing pits. Thankfully it didnt get that high that it came in but atleast the place knows what to do for the next flood. Still its hard to get cranes into the place, stay in contact with staff and management when you phone is having a sad!

As for natural disasters Im watching the cyclone playing tango with the QLD coast. Last proper prediction I had for its long term track was it coming ashore between the tweed and the sunshine coast around the 28th January.

How is the rebuilding of Kinglake going?

·
Registered
147 Posts
As poorly as Telstra's customer service is, its service coverage sh*ts all over anything else available in Aus. And before you say its too expensive, your paying for your coverage. I used to be with Telstra, and left for 3 years to be with optus and was plagued with black spots and service drop outs. 3 and vodafone couldnt even promise/guarantee service outside my town (which is a major regional centre) so they were all useless to me. Back to telstra I went and without a 'bluetick' telstra I've only dropped out in places where I dont think coverage even exists... I'm happy to pay to have service coverage.

Ush

·
i like it dirty
nissan patrol
1,325 Posts
Ive only got 4 months left with vodafail (thank god for that, the last 20 months have been hell)

Im going to go to telstra only because i go bush alot

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
Ive only got 4 months left with vodafail (thank god for that, the last 20 months have been hell)

why wait 4 months? get out of it now. won't cost you anything.

my old man had 9 months left on his '3' plan,
rang them up, said he wanted out.. they ummed and arred and said although we are owned by vodafail we are still a different company, the only thing my old man said after that reply was "should we ring the accc, and see what they have to say about it?' 5 minutes later he was free from 3.

he's only been on telstra for 8 days; and he's not looked back.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts

same. i have 6 left, cant bloody wait to p1ss em off

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
1,045 Posts
I got out with 3 phone contracts with them. Two were iphones bout 6 months old.
I complained bout poor coverage and nothing happened. Rang ACCC and lodged complaint. A week later a phone call from them and I said I want to end all three plans. Done deal and iphones were unlocked. Loving telstra. In tHe snowy mountains now and coverage everywhere.

Gotta say they were good bout it though. Didn't have to battle.and a Australian on the end of the phone swell.

·
Registered
nissan
400 Posts
I have recently replaced my laptop with a you beaut one, I did this just before christmas and since I work in Sydney but live in Vic I thought I would get mobile broadband to keep in touch with the wife and little one. I dont know heaps about computers but since I was at the airport and needed it in a hurry the Vodafone bloke had me sold.
I went on a year contract for 3Gig a month, that would be great if it actually worked anywhere................ I am now two months in and I have only been able to log on somtimes in the CBD.
Facebook- forget it simply wont load

I cant even stay on the net long enough to find out about the apparent class action against Vodafone. What are my chances of taking the lot back ie the usb modem and contract and asking them to terminate the stupid thing.

They assured me that coverage is "better" than Optus but my wife has no probs with optus up in the hills but im stuck with this lemon.

Any thoughts on Vodafone??:-(
A contract is a two way street. You entered into a contract with Vodafone and agreed to pay for their service. Vodafone entered into a contract with you, agreeing to provide you with an acceptable service. If either of you fail to meet the provisions of the contract, then that party is in breach of the contract, and it should be null and void. I would be using their own data to prove their service has been unacceptable, then advise them they have breached their side of the contract. Then advise them if they do not release you from the contract, then your next step will be to Dept of Fair Trading, or better still, the Telephone Industry Ombudsman.
If you get to the TIO, they will give you a back door phone number to Vodafone. The staff who recieve phone calls on these back door numbers know that the only way a customer gets the number is from the TIO, and treat such phone calls with due diligence, and they will actually work with you to resolve your issues.
Good luck.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,333 Posts
I was with Vodafone for about five years when i lived in perth and the service was average however as soon as i moved up to the Pilbara i found out Vodafone was as useful as a water in your diesel tank so i went over to Telstra.

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
Hi,

Telstra have the range, and their staff are here in Aus. ( call center ) For a number of reasons I dont like them, but they have the coverage so I use them.

Regards B M

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Love or hate them Telstra have the coverage in suburbs and bush.
I have even noticed using a normal 3G/2G mobile (telstra) not Next G calls have dropped out in a dead areas - but no drop outs with the Next G phones.

Just keep telling the wife 'Theres no reception were we are going' but sometimes there is so - time for mobile switch off!!

Another vote for Telstra even if they are the dearest.

Bring back CDMA NOKIA mobiles with hard car kit - the ultimate.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Smokey2.8 said:
Bring back CDMA Kyocera mobiles with hard car kit - the ultimate.
x eleventy.
same gig, incar kit, never had an issue...

·
i like it dirty
nissan patrol
1,325 Posts
Vodafone: Our network covers up to 94.52% of the Australian population. ... what a load of ****

·
I SUNK 1
Nissan Patrol ST GQ30
960 Posts
yep i backed outa vodacrap a couple of weeks ago. got sick of no coverage when im road trippin or surfin (york peninsula). had 6 months left on my contract. thought f it, i would rather just pay out the 200 and sonething and be done with it. so now wit telstra and i can even get coverage in my house which is great coz vodacrap decided my house could only have coverage in the left corner or my kitchen.

·
Banned
nissan patrol
556 Posts
My mate got out of his phone contract due to Vodaphones poor network. He lodged a complaint on their website (or in your case write a letter or call them). When it wasn't fixed in a week he lodged a complaint with the TIO TIO - Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman home page . This is what he wrote on Facebook about it:

I just lodged a complaint on their website, waited a week and when it wasn't answered i lodged a complaint with the tio. They called me today and let me out. Have to pay 300 bucks to keep my handset but could have sent it back and not paid anything. Beats paying the rest of the 1440 left in the contract

1 - 20 of 40 Posts