Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Well another successful trip complete,
started of for me at 5:00am Saturday morning, bright eyed and bushy tailed, got my things togethe, Jumped in the patrol and B-lined it for nannup. Got to site 44 in the caravan park about 730 to find a Y62 parked next to a oztent without a sole insight.
I wondered to myself if it’s rude to bang on the tent to see if anyone is home or whether to just face exhaust in that general direction of the tent and give the patrol a few subtle revs seeing if that would cause some movement. I decided the second option was more acceptable and set a 5 min timer to see if they would stir naturally. After a few minutes passed when I saw 2 bodies appearing from a cafe nearby, turned out it was Jezza and his son who had decided that 0 degrees was to cold to cook for themselves and got a bite to eat from the cafe.

We then set off to have a look around for some tracks, which weren’t to far away, with plenty of plantations around we found a nice hill climb and gave it a crack.
It took a few goes but the GQ managed to get up on the right hand side and the Y62 made it look easy heading up the left, I was quite impressed with how easy it made it up.

After coming across a few private property signs and gates we headed to a different section of the pines and had a look there, it was mostly frorrestry roads with some awesome views and country side. We followed one track that ended up being a loop and after getting out to go have a look around Jezza mentioned that one section of track was a bit soft, neither of us thought anything of it and as I went to turn around I suddenly felt my drivers front wheel disappear. It turned out Jezza wasn’t lying when he said it was a bit soft!

After trying to reverse out with no luck, it was a tug from the Y62 that got me free again.
We then checked out a few more tracks around the area before heading back into town for a pie at the bakery.

We then headed back to the caravan park to wait for Klappers who turned up in the afternoon. Once he unhooked his trailer and got some food into his family we headed of to find some tracks. With a tracks that lead to Nothing or blocked by trees we did some exploring and somehow ended up at someone’s house.
We decided to call it quits and see if we would have more luck at the pub which we did, we sank a few beers and had a good feed before heading back to camp.

The following morning we had breakfast and packed up and headed to an area closer to Balingup to see what we could find there. We came across a track heading down to the river and were soon greeted by this...

it’s a bit hard to see but it was quite fast flowing and it brought back memories of when trying to decide whether or not to cross the Jardine up in cape York, since we had 2 petrols in the convoy we decided against it as it would be a bit hard on there egos to be towed through by an old diesel GQ.
We found a bridge and crossed it before heading up into the plantation again and found some more amazing scenery.

From here we waved goodbye to Jezza and his son Mathew and we kept looking around and found some decent tracks, i Attempted one track which ended up getting me in a rather tippy spot but with the help of some Maxtrax and Klappers winch we managed to get the patrol back on same ground. Unfortunately I forgot to take any pics sorry.
We headed back out to the main road and stopped in at the donnybrook bakery for a bite to eat before heading our seperate ways.

Was nice to have a more relaxed trip in my opinion and it was great to meet Jezza and catch up with Ray again. There’s definitely more exploring to do in the area and it would be great to try have another meet up with in The future and liven up the forum a bit.
cheers.

·
Registered
nissan
964 Posts
Thanks Ben. Had a wonderful weekend. Great to finally meet you and catch up with Ray again. Look forward to doing it again soon.

·
Registered
Nissan
6,934 Posts
Sounds like good little getaway boys.
Sorry i didnt make it

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
It was. There is some biiiig hills down there that's for sure

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,232 Posts
Looks like good fun, great trip lads!

Now Ben.... How bloody long does it take to fit a hi mount to a bull bar?????

And I may or may not have one or two brand new ARB bubble stickers for your bull bar if you want one, give me a yell if you do.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts