Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,297 Posts
Well done, good to see you now have your fridge working. The thermistor paste is important and a lot of people don’t use it and wonder why things go wrong.

·
Blues Won as Expected. Go the Knights
30,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I use the paste at first than I ran out of it..

I got no paste on it at all now and it works pretty well..

·
30,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Well ok after I put the bottom plastic grey cover and filled the insolation foam chit where I had dug it out previously and then filled the holes back up with expandafoam and then fitted the the isolation bag back on the fridge temp has dropped a further 2c...

Gotta be happy with that...
But!!!
IMG_20200229_172509253.jpg
Bummer, seems no new fridge coming up..

·
30,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
After a day of having the fridge back together again I must say it's working perfectly...
Can't fault it.....

·
Registered
9,408 Posts
I might get game and attack mine tomorrow. I was thinking about buying two thermistors to put both in place and have the leads of the second just as a spare ready to go. I didn't expect the little thing to cost thirty bucks. I might have to look if there is a model number or something to buy a cheap ebay spare.

·
Registered
nissan
6,504 Posts
I didn't expect the little thing to cost thirty bucks.
Spend the extra thirty bucks. The genuine ones fail often enough that getting an el-cheapo sounds doomed to rapid failure. I'd baulk at $30 for a spare if the fridge cost $300 but they are close to a grand so I don't see the issue. In fact, if I could find ones more reliable than the genuine ones I'd happily pay more.

·
Registered
9,408 Posts
Spend the extra thirty bucks. The genuine ones fail often enough that getting an el-cheapo sounds doomed to rapid failure. I'd baulk at $30 for a spare if the fridge cost $300 but they are close to a grand so I don't see the issue. In fact, if I could find ones more reliable than the genuine ones I'd happily pay more.
Yep I bought the genuine one, but they had only one in stock. One good thing though, the guy at the caravan supplies shop said that the newer model Wacoe CFX DZ range is much easier to install the new probe as it is slid into a tube. Just unplug, slide one out and slide the new one into place. So I am not even sure if I will need the heat transfer paste that I got from the electronics shop.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
It’s very easy to solder a new thermistor to the OEM wire, they cost about $1.50 from jcar, or your favourite electronics supply shop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,297 Posts
Is the fridge working .

·
30,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Tell you the truth I just cranked it back up and put my panic buying sausages in it..😉

41 - 55 of 55 Posts