Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a waeco cfx50 at the melb 4x4 show recently, could anyone tell me where i can buy a fridge slide for it at a reasonable price. ive tried rays and anacondo , both $359 witch i thought a little high. do i need a genuine waeco brand or is there something the same out there a little cheaper. THANKS

·
Registered
nissan
2,222 Posts
i got a waeco cfx50 at the melb 4x4 show recently, could anyone tell me where i can buy a fridge slide for it at a reasonable price. ive tried rays and anacondo , both $359 witch i thought a little high. do i need a genuine waeco brand or is there something the same out there a little cheaper. THANKS
Just make your own. All you'll need is to buy a pair of heavy duty drawer runners, should set you back about $100, then fix sme ply to them to suit the size of your fridge and fix a couple of eyelets into it to strap the fridge to and fix the runners to the top of your rear drawers if you have them or just to the floor in the rear. Can't see you spending more than $150 max.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would love to be able to do that but im a butcher by trade, im very good with knives but not with tools,thanks mate.

·
Registered
nissan
1,609 Posts
Would a slide that fits a 42Lt Engel fit the Waeco?

If so i have one for sale

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
I recently upgraded from a 60L Wacoe older model to a new CFX65L and what do you know, the bloody thing is just that bit wider so it would not fit in the old Wacoe slide (which I now have for sale in Perth if any one wants one cheap).

So I looked at the Evercool slide and it has a completely flat top. This is great because any size fridge will fit. But the Evercool dod not slide out quite far enough fo me to easily open the lid without it hitting the roof just at the edge of the back door.

I took it back and bought a pair of ARB low drawers with a slide out floor on both sides. Probably a bit more expensive than I had planned to spend but really happy now I have them. These are great as I now have all my tools and recovery gear in the low drawers. With the fridge slide out floor on both sides I can use which ever side I want to attach the fridge to.

Anyone in Perth want a Wacoe 50 or 60 old style slide $50.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks private msg, will try dunn and watson,(QLD) $230 seems a good price.$14.50 del to melb. hope it is good quality, anyone heard of this company,trustworthy and reliable? thanks

·
Registered
nissan
2,222 Posts
i would love to be able to do that but im a butcher by trade, im very good with knives but not with tools,thanks mate.
You don't need much skill or tools. Screwdriver,handsaw,sandpaper and a tape measure will do. All you do is cut a piece of ply to the size you want and most wood places will do this for you for a small fee then you fix it to the drawer slides. Don't over complicate it or think it's to hard to do. You will get more satisfaction pulling your beer out the fridge knowing you've made it yourself.
Where you located?

·
Registered
nissan
2,222 Posts
That's the spirit. I fully expect you to be making your own drawers ect by the months end

1 - 12 of 12 Posts