Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard on the radio this morning that a 15month baby was backed over in the family garage in Southern NSW by the father reversing his Navara into the garage. Apparently no one in the family noticed the child had made it into the garage. I feel deeply for the family especially the father, but now the media will have another excuse to beat up on 4x4's again.

Why does every 4x4 owner get the blame for an unfortunate accident by one person? Most of us have fitted reversing cameras for this exact reason, and I don't have young children but I have fitted one to my troll.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
All my kids are grown up and gone, but I have a 20 year old cat who is totally deaf, she will go to sleep in a lot of places and will not have a clue what is going on unless you touch her, for the last couple of years I have gotten into the habit of walking behind the car and looking underneath before reversing, and that's for a cat!

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,274 Posts
Being a semi driver I always, when picking up from the depot of my old boss that had small kids, made sure that they weren't anywhere near the trucks. This also applied when we had young kids ourselves at home or in other words, ................ make sure you know where they are, before driving off!!:(

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Geeyoutoo. I also do a cat guard routine. Wife looks out behind while I reverse. It's not hard and I couldn't live with the consequences of running over one of my best mates.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts