Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

581 - 600 of 660 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
2,014 Posts
Maybe if we can get George Gregan and John Eales (nickname ‘Nobody’ because nobody is perfect) to pull on the boots and have a run, we’ll have a chance.
Meh, keeping Gregan in the national team for as long as we did was the start of the decline of Rugby in Australia. He had a few good years but was continually picked for way too long.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,818 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
2,014 Posts
'Twas good.

Poor ball security, but good tackle none the less.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #584
OK will I be the only member watching this tonight????????

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #586

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,078 Posts
Cause Troy told me too.

·
Registered
nissan
2,014 Posts
OK will I be the only member watching this tonight????????
No you weren't.

Kiwi invited me to his house to watch it. Purely for his entertainment as it turns out.

What can I say about the game??

We rattled the Kiwis in the first half and forced them into some uncharacteristic mistakes. Unfortunately we lost 8 of our own lineouts and were constantly penalised in the scrum. Oddly enough when the ref decided to actually stand on the side of the scrum that was continually collapsing, the scrum stood up.

There were some shocking refereeing decisions made throughout the game. Some of them had a real impact on the game. Kieran Reid deliberately coming in from the side and laying all over the ball while we are attacking close to the line, Kiwis get the ball and are good enough to score at the other end of the field in a couple of plays. Of course the "tackle" on Isreal has been a red / yellow card for the past 5 years, just not when a South African referees an All Black - Wallabies game and the offender is an All Black.

Would better refereeing allowed Australia to win? Nope, we simply aren't fit enough and we lack basic skills at the set piece, defensive positioning and ball handling.

Cheika and his coaching staff have to go. The time to do it is now, while we still have time to build a team for next years World Cup.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #591
No you weren't.

Kiwi invited me to his house to watch it. Purely for his entertainment as it turns out.

What can I say about the game??

We rattled the Kiwis in the first half and forced them into some uncharacteristic mistakes. Unfortunately we lost 8 of our own lineouts and were constantly penalised in the scrum. Oddly enough when the ref decided to actually stand on the side of the scrum that was continually collapsing, the scrum stood up.

There were some shocking refereeing decisions made throughout the game. Some of them had a real impact on the game. Kieran Reid deliberately coming in from the side and laying all over the ball while we are attacking close to the line, Kiwis get the ball and are good enough to score at the other end of the field in a couple of plays. Of course the "tackle" on Isreal has been a red / yellow card for the past 5 years, just not when a South African referees an All Black - Wallabies game and the offender is an All Black.

Would better refereeing allowed Australia to win? Nope, we simply aren't fit enough and we lack basic skills at the set piece, defensive positioning and ball handling.

Cheika and his coaching staff have to go. The time to do it is now, while we still have time to build a team for next years World Cup.
Thats what I don't understand Dave, the first half was reasonable although we did lose a couple of key lineouts due to stupidity, second half was a bloody shambles.

Yes the ref wasa shocker and there did appear to be some bias. Don't hold much hope for the NZ home game :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
nissan
4,832 Posts
Think I got more entertainment watching Thrasher going off at the TV, took me an hour to clean off the spit, never found the dummie though :rofl:

As for Eden park you haven't one there since '86 and media hypes it up so that won't help you, as for last weeks ref he was a shocker and agree with the tackle it was pretty ordinary to say the least

·
Registered
nissan
2,014 Posts
Thats what I don't understand Dave, the first half was reasonable although we did lose a couple of key lineouts due to stupidity, second half was a bloody shambles.

Yes the ref wasa shocker and there did appear to be some bias. Don't hold much hope for the NZ home game :rolleyes:.
I think I will stick to watching my kids play in the under 7’s and under 9’s, I can’t handle watching the spoilt brats wearing their countries jersey anymore.

You can forgive kids for spilling the occasional ball, they are still,learning basic skills and at least they play with some heart and don’t give up chasing, something you can’t say about our national team. Those soft koks should be forced to go and watch some junior amateur games and learn about putting your body on the line for your mates.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,945 Posts
Another embarrassing game and to think that these blokes get paid stupid amounts of money and they can't even complete basic school boy training techniques. ;)

Foo

Reactions: madk1w1

·
Registered
nissan
4,832 Posts
Can't blame ref in that one, 1st half wasn't to bad, score could have been worse:)

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #596
Been a while, but wallabies against the kiwis is on tonight in WA, go the wallabies, in the famous words of 'the monkeys' I'm a Believer......... cmon aussie cmon cmon.

·
Registered
33,170 Posts
Been a while, but wallabies against the kiwis is on tonight in WA, go the wallabies, in the famous words of 'the monkeys' I'm a Believer......... cmon aussie cmon cmon.
Wallabies are just like the knights...

I can't watch anymore defeats...

Sent from Deep inside the Blues Camp using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #598
Wallabies are just like the knights...

I can't watch anymore defeats...

Sent from Deep inside the Blues Camp using Tapatalk
Oh ye of little faith, hope is all we have left in life, give up hope and we give up life.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,945 Posts
Well at the moment, they aren't copping a flogging. 😇

Foo

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #600
Well at the moment, they aren't copping a flogging. 😇

Foo
Kick off, thumbs up. Good to see the young fella that went astray back in the fold, I'm cettainly hopeful and that is the way it should be, defeatist attitude draws certain defeat :). Lets see, we can do it.

581 - 600 of 660 Posts