Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

We recently purchased a GU Series II patrol wagon and are keen to get off road with a few other like minded enthusiasts. None of our friends have 4WD's as we have come from the "performance" turbo seen and our daily driver of a xr6 turbo has been relegated to my husbands business car (he owns a dyno tuning and modification workshop here in Toowoomba).

Is anyone keen to get off the beaten track Sunday arvo's around the Toowoomba area? We have been going for drives each Sunday arvo but are limited to where we can go with only us and no one to pull us out of trouble if it lands in our lap!

We tend to head Flagstone Creek/Gorman's Gap/Preston way as it's so lush and beautiful down there at the moment and we find a creek to let the 3 yr old and the dogs paddle in but are open to suggestions.

We used to 4wdrive years ago when we were kidless and had a shorty landcruiser with a 253 V8 in it...

PM me if you keen on sorting something out.

Cheers

Leanne

·
Registered
185 Posts
There are a few of us that get out around Toowoomba. It has been pretty quiet lately as a lot of the areas we used to drive were pretty badly affected by the floods.
Look forward to seeing you around.

·
Registered
185 Posts
What workshop does you husband run?
My wife has an 03 XR6T and although she is happy with it I think it needs a few 'tweaks'.

·
builder not a buyer!
nissan
2,702 Posts
gday leanne, im in ipswich and always keen to scout out some new places. went up to the lockyer state forest the other weekend and had a ball!

how is the driving in the places you have stated?

cheers

·
Registered
nissan
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Phyrebug: Forced Performance & Tuning, cnr Vanity St & Yarra Lane near the RSPCA in Toowoomba- XR6T's are his speciality...give him a call 0407813868 or drop by, the xr6t i was using as a daily driver had 400hp at the wheels and was still nice to drive, pretty much like standard except better on fuel and a bit more responsive but if you wanted to give it a boot full you could ;-)

Chuckles: haven't really found much, lots has been devastated from the floods and just too extreme for us...we usually go ourselves so don't want to get into to much strife. Lockyer forest is good from what i remember years ago when we had out shorty...have you tried jenowen hills near Allora? runs a buddy system for 4wd driving, if your at ipswich it's a quick trip if you come up the back way via gatton/clifton road.

Keen to catch up somewhere out in the wide blue yonder getting slightly scared in my 4wd!

Thanks guys

Leanne

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Have you thought about the local 4wd club? Since your "new" to the scene, some driver training would also help while meeting like minded people.

·
Registered
nissan
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did have a look at the local 4wd club but hubby works 60 plus hours a week so having the time to attend driver training and meetings when they are scheduled is virtually impossible.

We have done some 4wdriving pre kids...it's just a bit different in an auto...

·
Registered
Nissan
3 Posts
hi Leanne im in the same boat-i would like to get to do some local 4wd'ing but not game to tackle too much by myself without a back up for possible recovery etc. i would be definitely interested in doing that if you still are.pm me if you have any questions about me or my fourby.

·
Registered
Nissan
3 Posts
4wd buddies.

hi Leanne. i am interested in doing some local 4x4 driving with you guys.i feel the sane way i want to get out there but not game to tackle the big stuff by myself without a help vehicle.i have a gu patrol which is fairly well set up but is going in for some more mods in a couple of weeks. at least with another vehicle we can slowly tackle harder and harder tracks.pm me back if you are interested or have any questions about me or my patrol. Malcolm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts